Contribute
Register

Attempting to boot into "Install macOS" leads to prohibitory symbol (10.14.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 1660 + UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
(Hopefully I posted this in the right forum, I apologize if it went elsewhere)
I am trying to install Catalina (10.15.6), up from Mojave (10.14.6) on my computer. I was able to download it and begin the installation process as normal. However, when I reboot my system and attempt to load into the installer from Clover, I instantly get a prohibitory symbol and cannot go any further. This is not unique to installing an OS update. I have also tried to install a security update (2020-004) and the result is the same. I am able to boot into Mojave itself with no issues, it is only when I try to boot into "Install macOS" to continue the update process that I get this symbol. I have tried several things to remedy the issue without success, so hopefully I can get some help here. I'll include my Clover zip if any wish to take a look at settings/kexts/drivers I may need.

I have tried:
-Updating Clover
-Updating kexts and drivers
-Adding kexts and drivers
-Applying the "change EC0 to EC" patch
-Changing the SMBIOS

A combination of these things led to an inability to boot into Clover, but I was able to revert all the changes by booting with my USB drive and get back to working order. The file attached is my current, working configuration. I can provide additional details/specs as needed, including info from a verbose boot. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 77
Hi,

I've had these issues too ! - look at the USB stick - my experiences are that USB 3 stick in USB 3.0 port had this problem but when using a USB 2.0 USB stick the problem didn't occur.

With the USB stick 3.0 I used a USB 3.1 port (10 Gb/s)_or a PCI-e card with USB 3.1 10 Gb/s -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back