i3-2120
Graphics
GT 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I bought a Dell 7010 motherboard (0YXT71 / YXT71) with the intention of getting OS X on it (CPU is i3-2120).
I followed this guide to get Mojave installed on it: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...plex-7010-9010-desktop-pc-revision-ii.251736/

Surprisingly this worked with my Zotac GT630 1GB used as the video card and everything installed fine at the first attempt, audio and network working fine. The video card was working in a sort of safe mode (with graphical glitches) and I have since discovered that Mojave only really supports cards that are compatible with Metal. I even put my ATI Sapphire HD5770 1GB in the PCI-E slot just to see what would happen and that booted as well but the resolution wasn't great and I got the same graphical glitches.

So I did some reading and found out that I might have more success with these graphics cards with High Sierra. The guide that I followed before was also for High Sierra so I followed the same guide but I used Unibeast for High Sierra instead (as well as the High Sierra installer). I injected the NVidea Driver options as before (with Mojave) as well.

When the installer ran I got the following error message:

attempting system restart mach reboot

The installer then hangs.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

IMG_2052.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 39
If you have a Kepler GT 630 then it is natively supported in Mojave and High Sierra and you won't need to inject Nvidia. It would also be advisable to use an Ivy Bridge CPU instead of your Sandy Bridge 2120 cpu. It can work but is not recommended. I wrote the guide primarily for use with i3-3225, i5-3470, i7-3770 Dell Optiplex systems.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Thanks for the quick response. Your guide was great, easy to follow and very thorough. I've done a bit of Googling and I think my card is Kepler based but its hard to tell. The card that I am using is here:

I'll give it a try tomorrow without injecting the NVidea drivers.

I do plan on upgrading the CPU and graphics card eventually but I just want to see if I can get it working first before I attempt to fit it into the spare G5 case that I have. In fact that gt 630 was earmarked for a Tekno Parrot arcade project, so I won't be able to keep it as part of a Hackintosh for long :)

I'll give it a try tomorrow without injecting the NVidea drivers.
Don't bother it is for certain a GF 108 Fermi card.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

So is it the graphics card that is causing this error? Or is it something else?
I tried without the Nvidia drivers injected before I checked this thread and I got the same error.
Is it possible to run High Sierra with either a Zotac GT630 1GB or ATI Sapphire HD5770 1GB?

I even tried disconnecting the PCI-E card and used the display port (which I think is Intel HD2000 from the CPU) and I get the same error. I beginning to believe that the problem is not with graphics card but something else.

Is it possible to run High Sierra with either a Zotac GT630 1GB or ATI Sapphire HD5770 1GB?
Should work with High Sierra as that still supported Fermi cards and the older 5770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back