Contribute
Register

Attempted overclock on 9900k and now macOS wont boot just +++++ and nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I dont know man it is really weird... what im going to do is rebuild my hackintosh..sucks but starting from scratch may be the only option here :/

Personally, I'd try clearing CMOS and redoing MSR unlock and manually redoing BIOS settings before trying a clean install.

I will do that and get back to you once I try that solution. Thanks again for the help today.

Got it to work, resetting the CMOS did the trick! I'm going to try the EFI you shared with me and see how that runs since it is pretty much what I wanted in mine with the additions you added. Round two!

Got it to work, resetting the CMOS did the trick! I'm going to try the EFI you shared with me and see how that runs since it is pretty much what I wanted in mine with the additions you added. Round two!

Save your BIOS profile to a USB flash drive. This way, if/when you ever clear CMOS again, you won't have to go through unlocking MSR again.

good thread. having the same problem, stable oc in windows 10 but won't boot into Mac. I'm running clover 5104. sounds like I just need to update to 5107? I already have OCQuirks.efi and OCQuirks.plist in my E/C/D/U folder and no aptiomemfix.

EFI.png

good thread. having the same problem, stable oc in windows 10 but won't boot into Mac. I'm running clover 5104. sounds like I just need to update to 5107? I already have OCQuirks.efi and OCQuirks.plist in my E/C/D/U folder and no aptiomemfix.

View attachment 457260

What do you see when you try to boot?

I'll do it again in verbose mode but my boot (I'm guessing like everyone's) goes in two stages, first stage no problem but second stage it hangs just before the login screen. I can see my mouse but can't move it and keyboard not working.

UPDATE: never mind...something wrong with my oc settings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back