Contribute
Register

Attempted overclock on 9900k and now macOS wont boot just +++++ and nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Radeon vii
Hey guys,

I am new here but have been browsing the forums from quiet some time and today I attempted to overclock my 9900k and once I did that it will no longer boot macOS from clover bootloader. Instead all I get is a bunch of +++++++ and nothing else. My hackintosh was working fine until I attempted the overclock.

Let me know what you guys may think is wrong, thanks :)

Attachments

• 012BD9DC-3D76-4E50-BB23-B8D896DA1DA2.jpeg
    012BD9DC-3D76-4E50-BB23-B8D896DA1DA2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
  • 350E7401-BD71-449F-9300-AB1FFA3A2447.jpeg
    350E7401-BD71-449F-9300-AB1FFA3A2447.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 174
  • B0CEA195-A217-4F05-9864-8F974AA5BB54.jpeg
    B0CEA195-A217-4F05-9864-8F974AA5BB54.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 164
  • 177CC398-C1CC-4D64-BBAC-A351AD91CB79.jpeg
    177CC398-C1CC-4D64-BBAC-A351AD91CB79.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Hey guys,

I am new here but have been browsing the forums from quiet some time and today I attempted to overclock my 9900k and once I did that it will no longer boot macOS from clover bootloader. Instead all I get is a bunch of +++++++ and nothing else. My hackintosh was working fine until I attempted the overclock.

Let me know what you guys may think is wrong, thanks :)

Fix NVRAM and change Aptio fix.

Don't try to overclock from config.plist. Do all overclocking in BIOS.

Fix NVRAM and change Aptio fix.

Don't try to overclock from config.plist. Do all overclocking in BIOS.
Ahh okay, and the weird thing is I did the overclock through my BIOS and that’s when I ran into problems. I didn’t even touch the config folder at all.

Ahh okay, and the weird thing is I did the overclock through my BIOS and that’s when I ran into problems. I didn’t even touch the config folder at all.

Until you fix NVRAM, booting can be sporadic and even little changes to BIOS can affect it. Please see my Z390 build thread for details on NVRAM, specifically posts #1, 2, and 4. Link is below in my signature.

Until you fix NVRAM, booting can be sporadic and even little changes to BIOS can affect it. Please see my Z390 build thread for details on NVRAM, specifically posts #1, 2, and 4. Link is below in my signature.
Will do when I get home! Thanks for the help man. I’ll post an update when I get the chance to fix vram

Quick question, you’re saying to add a boot argument to the boot loader to fix NVRAM correct?

Quick question, you’re saying to add a boot argument to the boot loader to fix NVRAM correct?

No, you will need to unlock MSR and add SSDT-PMC.aml. Then you can change the Aptio fix you are using and remove EmuVariableUefi.

No, you will need to unlock MSR and add SSDT-PMC.aml. Then you can change the Aptio fix you are using and remove EmuVariableUefi.
Okay so I unlocked the MSR but I can’t boot into my hackintosh so I added the SSDT-PMC.aml via my windows partition but now when try and boot I get an error allocating pages :/

Okay so I unlocked the MSR but I can’t boot into my hackintosh so I added the SSDT-PMC.aml via my windows partition but now when try and boot I get an error allocating pages :/

Change your Aptio fix or try using the EFI folder from post #4 of my z390 thread.

I am using OcQuirks and FwRuntimeServices together as my aptio fix as it was working last night and this morning before the overclock, now it sadly is not. I am going to try with AptioMemoryFix now. This should still in theory allow for Native NVRAM correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back