Contribute
Register

ATIFLASH or AMDFLASH needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did download the zip file, unzipped it and then I ran sudo ./amdvbflash but I didn't modify the execution permission....Let me try that. Thank you...

FINALLY, after 15 tries & 2 months I finally get it flashed to Sapphire vbios and it only took less than 10 seconds once I hit enter in Linux. I rebooted into windows all appears fine so I am going to pull this card out of this PC, give this PC to my dad and then begin working on my dual CPU build. But I am going to put this card in my i7 4770k build I have had since 2013 and give that one to my 3rd grade daughter because I want the RX 580!!! :>)

I already purchased the Xeon CPUs, they are sitting here all lonely waiting on their mother to get here to breast feed them 0s and 1s. Now time to search for the best motherboard.

I appreciate your help "itwas" you were great of help to me. Its been years since I've touched Linux. To be honest I haven't touched Linux since I retired from MIS/Network Administrator. There are just some things a person never wants to mess with again after dealing with them for so long. For me, Microsoft Windows is my downfall. I hate MS Windows with a passion because I know how MS schemes and scams consumers.

even with the flash package zip from their post 1?
yes, the problem is with the newer motherboards with UEFI ATIFLASH in DOS will not detect the card then whenever you get an updated version of ATIFLASH that does detect the card ATI for some reason made the -f switch obsolete. They basically took it out where we cannot force flash the cards no longer. "Itwas" technique worked perfectly and it took less than 10 seconds to flash the bios doing this:

1. chmod +x amdvbflash

2. sudo ./amdvbflash -i (this should return which port the card is located in. I moved my card down to the second PCIe slot which gave me port 0 on return as I read there are issues with using the first slot)

3.to flash the card I then executed using sudo ./amdvbflash -f -p 0 560.rom (I changed the sapphire RX 560 4gb bios name to just 560 much easier to do it this way than spelling out the long name)

4. once I hit enter, it took less than 10 seconds and it returned stating it will not take effect until I rebooted my computer. I rebooted and everything works fine. So now I am going to pull out that card and test it in my current OS X machine to make sure everything works.

So now I have three jump drives I have for keep sake, one Windows 10, one OS X Catalina and now one Ubuntu. Time to purchase more jump drives!!!!

Thank you for the help and I hope this helps others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back