Contribute
Register

ATI Raedeon HD 6870 seen as RaedeonHD NI40 on 10.6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it can matter if its reporting as NI40. Certain apps do not function correctly. I believe the App Store itself doesn't for some.

You were right in using the top DVI-I port. However the apple DVI to VGA converter is not an "active" adapter and hence the signal does not get transferred to your monitor from your hackintosh.

Either connect a DVI cable directly to your monitor and hackintosh, or use a different adapter.

Hope this helps! :)

CrackingTosh said:
Same issue as others.
I have managed to install 10.6.8, get audio working and get network functionality following a user guide. I even managed to run the userDSTD and reboot. Woo!

My card too was only appearing as n140 with Gigabyte 6870. I then found post suggesting to change my PCIRootUID to 1.

I restarted and then got black screen of death after white apple load window. Its seems like the system boots but I lose my screen functionality, im using the top DVI-I port with apple DVI to vga converter. Is this something anyone else has resolved. My card is in PCI slot 16x (first slot on board).

Does the card being seen as n140 actually matter? im confused as there is conflicting info on this post. Some say yes others no.

Experience so far: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Please help!

Here's my full spec:

mobo: GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 rev 1.0 - bios version F8
graphics: Gigabyte AMD Radeon Series HD 6870 (GV-R6870C-1GD)
ram: Corsair 16 GB vengeance blue (only 4GB in for setup)
SDD: 120 GB Agility
HDD - 1TB Western Digital Barracuda

Thanks so much for putting it all into shape for me, grtitan! Your advice on PCIRoot and duckweed finally sealed the deal for me. Had to borrow a dp to dvi adaptor, but I got fully working video on both monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back