Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Has anyone out there get there mountain lion to recognize there ati radeon hd 5770 correctly in the system report and also give the option to change resolution please share the secret

how about your resolution?

you r lucky no such luck here tried everything too hmmmm dont have any advice?

Mine reports under About This Mac as: ATI Radeon HD 5700/6700 Series 102.

I have full acceleration, and everything works just as well in ML as it did under Lion.

I can select resolution choice (ACD 27 inch LED), though I run at native full res.

My card is the XFX single slot 5770. I'm connected via mini Display Port.

its work perfect in lion after i add my dev id to ati 5000 next get full qe/ci pules the all the proper resolution.
am using a asus p7p55d pro but i really don't think its the mother board at all.cant really pin point what this issue is.
i tried the same thing with the amd kext that didn't seems to work at all.hmmmmm still look all over for some solution can't seems to get any at all

a mean you didn't have to do anything special to make your card work and if you u do please share the valuables thanks

a mean you didn't have to do anything special to make your card work and if you u do please share the valuables thanks

That´s the point: I did not have to do anything special to get my Gigabyte HD 5770 Silent Cell (GV-R577SL-1GD) to work.

When I started hackintoshing in spring last year on 10.6.3 it worked oob at least with the dvi port. It is not reference design though.
To get the other (dp and hdmi) to work I had to modify 10.6.x ATI5000Control.kext personality from "Langur" to "Vervet", but that was no longer required when chimera was updated to support a bunch of devices that MacMan had been collecting relevant data for from a forum poll.

So again: From 10.7 and up no special efforts necessary to get this card working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back