Graphics
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just a few days ago rolled my system over from a pretty stable 10.6.8 to 10.8. The installation was smooth, but post-install ran into an issue with the system thinking it's got 3 or so displays. Thanks to the Forum, got over that particular hump by adding AtiConfig=Eulemur into Boot.plist. I'm now however seeing additional odd behavior.

First, at boot-up, the system hangs for at least 30+ seconds during boot at "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87". Found a miscellanous bag of tricks for dealing with this from the Forums (including replacing select AHCI kexts from Lion, setting KernelCache, etc.), but the issue still remains. This might be a red herring and related to the Sabertooth X58 BIOS & DSDT update. After this, before the desktop loads, the cards seems to dump garbage from memory, as there are artefacts (sometimes after restart previous framebuffer contents) briefly on the screen, before the screen refreshes to the desktop.

During normal operation, display sleep does not work. At times the display just 'freezes', other times dumps an all-white screen. If the computer sleeps, the display never resumes and I have to force a reboot.

Trying to figure out what to do next. Do I have the correct personality for the framebuffer? Should I try custom kexts for the 5xxx series?

Solved this issue by switching to Nvidia. :D Now running happily with a 660 Ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back