Contribute
Register

ATI Radeon 5000 Help! mDP not working?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7 Intel 4820
Graphics
ATI Radeon 5000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hey there! Had the rig for about 2 years so far. Went off the hardware recommendations found here and had started with a GEFORCE GT 740 SC.

Within the last week, the GEFORCE has started to overheat and shut my system down. Love the card, it can handle 2 monitors. Long story short I had a ATI Radeon that came out of my Mac Pro 2008 model & stuck it in and now everything is fine. System stays on and graphics seem to be a little better. Issue is, I am now back to 1 monitor. The Display Ports (sDP) don't seem to be working.

Is there something I need to do to make them come on? System booted fine with existing setup when I swapped the cards out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Stantonf, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Went thru all of them (for the 5xxx).

GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=THELIST npci=0x3000

Some of the personalities black screened and a couple enlarged my screen to 800x600. None ever brought the DisplayPort monitor alive. The AtiPorts= I cant really find any posts on the exact meaning for it. If I try 1 thru 4 of each of the personalities (AtiPorts=1,2,3,4) 60 restarts.

Is there a known person that has successfully used the display ports on an ATI 5xxx card?

Running Yosemite. ATI Radeon 5000. Framebuffers? Let me search the forums, I havent done any frambuffer stuff.

If you run IORegistryexplorer you can find the controller and 3000 or 4000 kext. Whichever is loaded, you can check the info plist and search for framebuffers using xCode.

Went thru all of them (for the 5xxx).

GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=THELIST npci=0x3000

Some of the personalities black screened and a couple enlarged my screen to 800x600. None ever brought the DisplayPort monitor alive. The AtiPorts= I cant really find any posts on the exact meaning for it. If I try 1 thru 4 of each of the personalities (AtiPorts=1,2,3,4) 60 restarts.

Is there a known person that has successfully used the display ports on an ATI 5xxx card?

Probably, you are in chameleon right? That may be harder to figure out. Clover boot loader can be used for Yosemite and has a lot of modern features and is popular so many other users can help to solve issues. Clover can hot patch or change the frame buffer codes to open up ports like HDMI and DisplayPort.

Do you have a USB stick 8gb min you could experiment with using clover?

If you run IORegistryexplorer you can find the controller and 3000 or 4000 kext. Whichever is loaded, you can check the info plist and search for framebuffers using xCode.

Here is what I am seeing
upload_2018-7-8_16-45-32.png

Not sure where I am to be looking.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-8_16-44-52.png
    upload_2018-7-8_16-44-52.png
    264.8 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back