Contribute
Register

ATI HD5750 and HD5770 kext for Mavericks 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
5770 had "out of the box" support in 10.7 and 10.8 - is this broken in 10.9?
Just updated my Batman system to Mavericks (P55M0UD4 / i7-875K / Gigabyte HD 5770 "Batmobile"), and the 5770 works out of the box with Mavericks and MultiBeast for Mavericks using GE=No. So, for me, Batman's single 5770 graphics cards is now integrated into Mavericks. :thumbup:

I'm having a hard time getting my xfx radeon hd 5770. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No, when no, I get a scrambled line of distorted colors across the middle. When Yes, it just hangs and doesn't boot into the system. Keeps saying Sandbox: mdworker (###'s increasing) deny file-read /Users/***/***/***/ same folder over and over,
then
com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.audio.ComponentHelper. ### Stopping job
and then the same line repeated with sent Job to SIGKILL. repeated with ### increasing.

I've repaired permissions after installing kexts and refreshed the cache. I've tried booting with -f. The weirdest part is my 4650 (or 4750, I don't remember) works fine which used to not work with Hackintosh which is why I bought the 5770.

any suggestions?

Radeon cards seem like such a mixed bag in Mavericks. I'm on a X77 mobo that doesn't require a DSDT, and my HD 6850 hangs when I try to boot. I see posts about adding my device id to several kexts in /S/L/E. But so far I can't get it to work even though it worked OOB with ML.

The fact that you get the scrambled line when GE=No suggests you ARE booting, but the GPU is displaying a bad resolution. You might try forcing the resolution in your boot plist with

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

(or something suitable for your display)

I actually did add the resolution using multibeast with my current card... But it's nice to at leat now the scrambled line means it's booting. Thanks for the info...

best driver for mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back