Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H97-Gaming 3
CPU
Core i5-4460
Graphics
Intel HD4600
With help from Toledo, I managed to get my Saphire HD5670 1GB working on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L OS X 10.6.7
Key is to use AppleHDA v1.9.9 & and have the proper personalities for the atiframebuffer. In my case I used Uakari and edit atiframebuffer binary also.
I am a happy man now :D .
All credits to Toledo

helob said:
With help from Toledo, I managed to get my Saphire HD5670 1GB working on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L OS X 10.6.7
Key is to use AppleHDA v1.9.9 & and have the proper personalities for the atiframebuffer. In my case I used Uakari and edit atiframebuffer binary also.
All credits to Toledo
how to do that ???step by step!

Any chance you can post the edited ATIFramebuffer? Or (even better, I suppose) link to the steps you took.

Thanks!

joescarborough said:
Any chance you can post the edited ATIFramebuffer? Or (even better, I suppose) link to the steps you took.
Thanks!
The steps are present in the following guides:
1. Lion HDMI Audio DSDT Edits/Discrete Graphics - AMD http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947
2. Lion HDMI Audio Kext Edits - AMD HD 5xxx http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32037
Download Attachment 9: AMD HD 5xxx and HD 6xxx HDMI Audio Case Studies - The Sapphire HD 5670 is included.

You will need the following in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
AtiConfig=Uakari
AtiPorts=3

hi toleda, sorry for asking you, I know you may be frustrated to be always asked even after making available such good and precise guides here here in the forum but.. there are a lot, and I am a little confused sorry :crazy: :(

also, it is not actually for me, then I would study much more, but this would be for a friend of mine (I made the hack build for him, and he has no exprience at all on hackintoshes ;) )

he has sapphire 5670 and 10.6.8 right now, and he would like to have only hdmi video out for now ;)

am I right thinking that to achieve this he only need:
1. appleHDA 1.9.9
2. to add in org.Chamelon AtiConfig=Uakari and AtiPorts=3
3. to change some number in the first, third and fourth line of the atiframebuffer kext?

if that's all, I can probably guide him in doing this, but if further actions are needed (such as dsdt or other edits) I think it more difficult.. :|

thanks in advance and sorry again

moly82 said:
he has sapphire 5670 and 10.6.8 right now, and he would like to have only hdmi video out for now ;)
For HDMI video, it is likely GraphicsEnabler=Yes (MultiBeast) in org.chameleon.Boot.plist is all that is needed. The edits are required for HDMI audio, not HDMI video.

thanks a lot for the answer! you are right.. actually it seems he fixed it booting the system with hdmi out already attached.. you are right!

sorry.. bye!

helob said:
All credits to Toledo

Could you please post your or email me ([email protected]) your Ati kexts and atiframbuffer
I do have the same motherboard and the same graphic card (Saphire HD5670 1GB working on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L).
Thank you very much in advance
Alan

al75an said:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32037

Could you please post your or email me ([email protected]) your Ati kexts and atiframbuffer
I do have the same motherboard and the same graphic card (Saphire HD5670 1GB working on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L).
Thank you very much in advance
Alan
The solution is documented in Attachment 9, AMD HD 5xxx and HD 6xxx HDMI Audio Case Studies http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32037

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back