Contribute
Register

ATI HD5450/6350 support request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7> Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
Intel > Need model name/number > See Forum Rules!
Hello, my card is currently partially recognized as 5400 series as the subsys info does not much any of the list already added. I would like to ask if it would be possible to add full support as 5450 Cedar:

Code:
ATI Framebuffer Addr: @0xC0000000  MMIO Addr: @0xFE620000 I/O Port Addr: @0x0000E000 ROM Addr: @0xFE600000
ATI card POSTed, reading Video BIOS from legacy space
Card reported ports: 0
Framebuffer set to: ?? using device's default.
Number of ports set to: 0 using framebuffer's default.
ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series 512MB [1002:68f9] (subsys [1462:2133]) (Cedar:??) :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

If I knew how to compile the whole thing I wouldn't bother you as I guess it should only add a line at ATI.c but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks a lot.

never mind, I did it my self with the source code, thanks. Well now my card is recognized as HD5450, DVD & stuff all working well but the only (new) problem now is that the display cannot sleep (image stays still instead of a black screen) and it cannot wake up after a system sleep (system stays black...). Well, dunno if here is the place to ask so I guess I have to check elsewhere. Thanks again! :)

webkostas said:
never mind, I did it my self with the source code, thanks. Well now my card is recognized as HD5450, DVD & stuff all working well but the only (new) problem now is that the display cannot sleep (image stays still instead of a black screen) and it cannot wake up after a system sleep (system stays black...). Well, dunno if here is the place to ask so I guess I have to check elsewhere. Thanks again! :)

How did you go about doing this, I'm using that exact same card for my Lion HTPC.

Thanks in advance!

Hi webkostas,

If your PCIEx card is an ATI Rage Radeon HD5450 Version 1.0, Model No: G5-5450-RA, Part No: G5-5450-RAGE, DDR3/HDMI/VGA.
This May help as I have this card working with full graphics acceleration running snow leopard 10.6.8 on Asus P5QL/EPU with chimera 1.7 installed to EFI partition, (MacPro3,1 SMBIOS).

After reading many, many, posts around the tonymac site and google (so many sources so those who know you did alot of work thank you, inc. tony & macman).
I have added the above card's device id in the format of Device & Vendor (0x68F91002) within the ATI5000Controller.kext's info.plist (after making a backup of the original).

** I did write an explanation with my screenshots which took ages but when I tried to preview it was blank, on going back with browser button to post editing page before i pressed preview the 'recover auto save' didn't retrieve it all :( so my apologies this is short as i've had o long day of windows pc support site visits and need sleep **

Remove all ati injectors, the pdf file should be self-explanatory in the file name, apologies if your query was Lion/ML related but 0x68F1002 is the correct device/vendor id format to add to any relevant ATI kext I believe.
Power management fully working, fakesmc.kext (version 4.0) is the only active kext in my extra folder loading from EFI with correct dsdt for board & pmVersion 23 boot flag as i'm using SL 10.6.8 (Clean 10.6.3 Retail updated to 10.6.8).

Download:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61209495/ATI_Rage_HD5450_68F9.zip

*** UPDATE ***

I have done some further testing and discovered the dvd player was not working, this has been fixed now with the changes to boot config below:

Asus_P5QL-EPU_ATI_Rage_Radeon_HD5450.jpg

GraphicsEnabler=Yes used in conjunction with AtiConfig=Hoolock

Good luck hope this helps, (The ATIx3000Controller.kext already had this specific card's device id in the info.plist so the only native kext modified was the ATi5000Controller.kext with this card's specific device id).
Noticable small boost in performance on this LGA775 system!

Good luck, be patient & methodical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back