CPU
Q9550
Graphics
HD 7850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone have this card working with full acceleration?
On my sister the car is recognised but has only Software render.
There is some error in loading AMDRadeonX4000.kext.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Does anyone have this card working with full acceleration?
On my sister the car is recognised but has only Software render.
There is some error in loading AMDRadeonX4000.kext.
Any advice will be appreciated.
My Card is GA-HD7850 GDDR5 2GB using Fake ID : 0x68191002 and it's working just fine. Screen Shot 2561-10-16 at 23.29.53.png Screen Shot 2561-10-16 at 23.29.35.png

Can you share your config.plist. I tried so far with other cards but the ID is not changed in ATI Controller.
Anyway my card has same ID:
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 7850 Series

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x6819

Revision ID: 0x0000

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180

Displays:

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

Your card is Gigabyte. Mine is MSI, it should work OOB. Are you using the Display port?
Sorry for being late replying. I am on my vacation. So,I don't have my Hackintosh at hands.
I haven't changed anything in the system files. Just using Clover configurator to manage the config.plist file.
Device : Fake ID is set to 0x68191200
Graphics is set to Inject ATI
Framebuffer is set to Futomaki
That's all.
[FYI]Oh!Once ,I used my ASUS HD7850 ,in order to make it work. I needed to set the port to 01 in Clover instead of 05. But The fake ID is the same.
For my Gigabyte Card ,I use DVI Port and I don't have display port on my card. There are just VGA ,DVI and HDMI.

Last edited:
I also have a HD 7850 but I can get monitors working only when I use mDP adapters to HDMI and to DVI. If I connect a monitor directly to the DVI port of the HD 7850 I can get a picture only during the initial boot process(showing the verbose stuff) but when it gets to the actual Mojave window where I should enter my password, the screens turns black. I am using ATI inject, boot Fake ID:0x68191200 and Futomaki.
Any idea how I could get all the ports working: 2 mDP, one HDMI and one DVI.

Thanks

I also have a HD 7850 but I can get monitors working only when I use mDP adapters to HDMI and to DVI. If I connect a monitor directly to the DVI port of the HD 7850 I can get a picture only during the initial boot process(showing the verbose stuff) but when it gets to the actual Mojave window where I should enter my password, the screens turns black. I am using ATI inject, boot Fake ID:0x68191200 and Futomaki.
Any idea how I could get all the ports working: 2 mDP, one HDMI and one DVI.

Thanks

Mojave still supports 7xxx cards and their derivatives R9 2xx, 3xx cards. I have a R7 265 (aka R9 270) that works great in Mojave. They left the AMDRadeon7000Controllerkext in Mojave so these card still have support.

DVI support in Mojave is tricky at best. You will probably have to adjust or edit the Framebuffer. Have you tried with lilukext and whatevergreenkext? You could test with these in Clover/kexts/other folder. Note: WEG kext sets RadeonFramebuffer as default so you may try not injecting ATI, or Futomaki. Just let it inject on its own.

If that doesn't work you may want to try messaging @Pavo he has helped a lot of people with Framebuffer/porting issues.

Thanks a lot for this info. I am using lilukext and WEG as well as ATI inject. I also applied a ATIcontroller patch in the kext and kernel to patch section. I downloaded the data for the different ATI 7000 framebuffers and I could find the one that matches my card but I have no idea how to edit it. By the way I have a Sapphire 7850 and a Diamond HD 7870 that behave exactly the same way.

HELP!

I'm trying to install Mojave 14.6 on my desktop. El Capitan was running seamlessly on it prior.

I was facing issues during the installation because of HD 7850 which I then bypassed and installed the OS with the integrated graphics.

After the installation was complete and successful, I reconnected my GPU and injected ATI, Lilu and WEG drivers to use my GPU but it just won't work!

Either it gets stuck during the initial loading after the clover screen or my monitor goes in Power Saving mode after the boot-up. [Clover recognizes the GPU in the boot]

I've tried different combinations of injection and kexts that are available online. Please advise on how to solve this.

Thanks in advance!

My configuration -

i7 4970K | Z97 Gigabyte SOC Force | 16 Gb 1866 RAM |Sapphire HD 7850 | 240 Kingston SSD + 2 x 1 TB Seagate 7200 HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back