Radeon 6770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

First of all thank you to all who input on these boards and develop iBoot/MultiBeast.

I've got an issue where i have upgraded to 10.6.7 from a fresh install of 10.6.3. I installed using my old Nvidia 7800GTX card because I was having problems with my 5770 on first install.

I've now installed MultiBeat with ATI related checkboxes ticked and swapped the graphics card to my 5770. OS X starts fine with the 1 or 2 monitors I have plugged in at the correct resolutions. However, flash player is absolutely dreadful, videos in the broswer pause for a second at a time every 2 or 3 seconds, audio plays fine. I've tried playing local HD content through VLC to make sure its not an issue with the graphics card/drivers, that all plays fine, superb in fact.

I would appreciate any help, my machine is as follows:..

MOBO: G41M-COMBO
CPU: QX6800
RAM: 1066 DDR3 8Gb
GFX: Radeon HD 5770 (Device ID: 0x68b8)
OSX: 10.6.7

As a last resort I've just tested flash player with my Nvidia 7800GTX and it's exactly the same :( Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not just someone being fussy about high quality, as it currently stands its unusable.

Hi, I've seemed to have fixed the issue by using the cpus=1 flag in Chameleon.

Is anyone able to offer any advice as to how I can make flash play nice with multiple cores? It seems to be the only thing that has a problem on my install (that I've noticed). OS X is noticeably slower when using only a single core :/

*** EDIT ***

Been having a bit of a play, it seems with cpus=2 flash also works absolutely fine. Once I put in cpus=4 then its back to how it was originally. Is there something I need to do for OS X to be able to manage all 4 cores correctly?

Have you tried cpus=3? Because I believe cpus=4 means 5 cores, since 1 core is actually =0 ... (hope I didn't confuse you) :D

revozak said:
Have you tried cpus=3? Because I believe cpus=4 means 5 cores, since 1 core is actually =0 ... (hope I didn't confuse you) :D

Hi, thanks for suggestion. I have tried cpus=3, however not sure what you believe is true. When I open activity monitor I can see how many cores the processes are being scheduled between and cpus=1 is one core, cpus = 4 is four cores. Also the number of vCPU's I can allocate to a guest OS in virtualbox further reinforces this thought.

I've tried a user dsdt from kexts.com for the G41M-COMBO and still get issues, it's exactly the same with EasyDSDT.

I've also tried all sorts of BIOS configuration changes and nothing helps. I'm running the latest F3 BIOS.

So, as I've stated it's all working fine with 2 cores, however not correct with 3 or 4. I'd like, if possible to make use of all cores available on my QX6800.

Is it possible someone could move this thread into a different category now since it doesn't seem to be a gfx issue, but a cpu/mobo issue?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back