3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

Firstly i would like to thank everyone for the time they have put in to posting the amount of information on this site. i am hoping someone may be able to advise me.

I have spent a lot of time looking through posts regarding Native ATI graphics cards, as i have never used ATI before, i got to the point of just being unsure of what to purchase.

I am wanting to make the move from nvidia to ATI graphics. I will list below the setup i have and also the cards i need advice on as i dont want to buy something and find out that it is not 'Native'. Also i need to know if the selected ATI card will work with 10.13.6 & 10.14.1 onwards.

Parts Owned
  • Gigabyte GA-H270M-DS3H
  • Intel i5 6500
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2400 MHz
  • HD 530 Graphics(at present was 750 Ti)
  • Samsung 250GB EVO PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe
  • 1TB SATA III
  • 2 X 500GB SATA III
  • MOD XT 750W Modular 80plus PSU
ATI Graphics Card
  • Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 4 GB GDDR5 Samsung Memory/PCI Express 3.0
  • SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 570 NITRO+ 8 GB GDDR5 2xDP/2xHDMI/DVI-D Graphics Card
  • ASUS Radeon RX 560 4 GB OC Edition GDDR5 DP HDMI DVI AMD Graphics Card
  • ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX560-4G-GAMING AMD Radeon RX 560 4 GB GDDR5 Gaming Graphics Card
This system will be more for testing with various OS. My main music production Hack is on 10.12.6(Must start posting my other builds at some point) and stable at the moment but i would like to upgrade it to 10.13.6 at some point.

Providing i have tested all the programmes i use on this test system, and all my studio software works fine then i would go across to 10.13.6.

Thank you in advance if you can give me any advice on this.

CIM :thumbup:

Ps. This is my first post so i hope i make sense, especially this early in the morning:confused:

Hi all,

Firstly i would like to thank everyone for the time they have put in to posting the amount of information on this site. i am hoping someone may be able to advise me.

I have spent a lot of time looking through posts regarding Native ATI graphics cards, as i have never used ATI before, i got to the point of just being unsure of what to purchase.

I am wanting to make the move from nvidia to ATI graphics. I will list below the setup i have and also the cards i need advice on as i don't want to buy something and find out that it is not 'Native'. Also i need to know if the selected ATI card will work with 10.13.6 & 10.14.1 onwards.

Parts Owned
  • Gigabyte GA-H270M-DS3H
  • Intel i5 6500
  • 1TB SATA III
  • 2 X 500GB SATA III
ATI Graphics Card
  • ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX560-4G-GAMING AMD Radeon RX 560 4 GB GDDR5 Gaming Graphics Card
This system will be more for testing with various OS. My main music production Hack is on 10.12.6(Must start posting my other builds at some point) and stable at the moment but i would like to upgrade it to 10.13.6 at some point.

Providing i have tested all the programmes i use on this test system, and all my studio software works fine then i would go across to 10.13.6.

Ps. This is my first post so i hope i make sense, especially this early in the morning:confused:

Do you have the choice of Sapphire Pulse? If so, I would recommend getting a Sapphire Pulse. I have a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB and it is natively supported in High Sierra 10.13.6 and Mojave.

I also have a Sapphire Pulse RX 560 4GB and it also works with High Sierra 10.13.6. Should also work with Mojave although I have not personally confirmed.

Hi all,

I am wanting to make the move from nvidia to ATI graphics. I will list below the setup i have and also the cards i need advice on as i dont want to buy something and find out that it is not 'Native'. Also i need to know if the selected ATI card will work with 10.13.6 & 10.14.1 onwards.

Parts Owned
  • Gigabyte GA-H270M-DS3H
  • Intel i5 6500
  • 1TB SATA III
  • 2 X 500GB SATA III
ATI Graphics Card

If you check out the Tonymacx86 Newegg links there are RX 570s for a little more than the 560. For $20 more you can get almost double the compute power. All models of RX 460-580 will work in Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave except the XFX RX 460-560 due to incompatible bios.

My XFX RX 480 has been running natively in macOS since the early Sierra beta releases two years ago. So any of the RX brands and models will work, just not the XFX 460-560 models. XFX 470-580 will work.

Thank you @Jamesbond007 & @Gigamaxx for you prompt replies,

Afer reading your advice, and looking through information found regards 'Tonymacx86 Newegg links' i decided to pre order the 'Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8G GDDR5' as i felt it would be well worth the extra £25.00(Well double that as i will have to take wifey on another shopping trip :eek:).

Thanks again, i will update my results once i get the card, hopefully Monday:)

(UPDATE)

The 'Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8G GDDR5' arrived yesterday :), Just fitted it into the system above which had a fully updated 10.13.6 installed using the onboard HD530, after fitting the card, i booted into bios disabled onboard GPU, changed to PCI-e, save and exit, first boot it stopped part way and restarted, loaded in to 10.13.6 and card was installed.

RX 580.png

Thanks again for the advice,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back