Contribute
Register

ATI card with HP Compaq 6300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I can't find any of those grahics cards that fits to my case (it's a big problem!!) :(

Can I use a better than RX 570 graphics card with my configuration? It being too difficult to find a small-factor (ITX?) card...

A link to Amazon would be appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi.

I can't find any of those grahics cards that fits to my case (it's a big problem!!) :(

Can I use a better than RX 570 graphics card with my configuration? It being too difficult to find a small-factor (ITX?) card...

A link to Amazon would be appreciated.

Thank you
You can use a RX580 the RX 5000 series cards require Catalina 15.2 or newer. The RX 6000 series cards are not supported in Catalina and if they are ever supported it will be by Big Sur.

In a couple of years, I'll spend more to finally upgrade my computer.
How will you supply the 6 pin power to your new RX 570 card ? It won't run from just the power (75W) from the PCIe x 16 slot it connects to.

1610461578964.png

You can use one of these cables from Amazon if you haven't already upgraded the PSU.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GUP6O0/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

The power then comes through the motherboard instead of through the PSU directly. It works if you don't plan on stressing the graphics card too much with demanding tasks.

Hi.

I've just receive the card... I was looking where to plug the 6 pin power... thank you, trs96.

I'll order it an tell you.

Thank you!

Hi.

I've tested the cable from SATA to PCI xpress and it works!

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back