Contribute
Register

ATI/AMD 5xxx 6xxx 7xxx 2xx 3xx Graphics Cards Framebuffer Personalities

ATI/AMD 5xxx & 6xxx Graphics Cards Framebuffer Personalities

I have a Gigabyte Radeon 6850, which has two DVI ports, an HDMI port, and a (standard-sized) DisplayPort. I had two monitors connected: one via DVI, the other using an "active" DVI-to-DisplayPort converter. The second DVI port has never worked.

Anyway, after upgrading to OS X 10.8.5, I lost my second monitor. From using ioreg | grep ATY, Bulrushes was the default personality on my card. Using Duckweed instead restored the 2nd monitor. I also tried Pithecia, but not only did it not fix my 2nd monitor, OS X thought my monitor's "best" resolution was 800x600. I stopped trying after Duckweed.

If you have a Gigabyte Radeon 6850, then try Duckweed if you can't get multiple monitors. (I did not set an AtiPorts flag at all.)

hi, I have the same specs you have, but I am a newb and don't know what to do. Can you show me how to get the 6870 to work?

I had some serious issues with Mouse Lag with my Gigabye 6850. So far, AtiConfig=Gibba is giving me the best results. I am using HDMI on my single monitor fwiw!

i also might add that my computer still doesnt pick up the model. it just says 6xxx. quite minor, but it could mean bigger issues.

ATI/AMD 5xxx 6xxx 7xxx Graphics Cards Framebuffer Personalities

I was hoping that someone could give me some pointers...

Everything in my Mavericks setup is working, except for my Gigabyte HD7850 2 GB OC: http://www.gigabyte.dk/products/page/vga/gv-r785oc-2gd/

As far as I can see from reading different threads here, I need to edit some files: "AMD7000Controller.kext" and perhaps "AMDFramebuffer.kext".
Is that correct? And if so, which values do I need to change and to what?

Hope you guys can help me!? :)

I am trying to edit one of the Peronalities defined in ADM7xxx kext and I have successfully edited the Futomaki framebuffer (now HDMI and 2 DVI ports are working - but can not connect more than 1 monitor in parallel)

My question is: Is there any difference which Frambuffer I edit? Is Chutoro / Aji "best to edit" for 79xx but Futomaki / Hamachi "best" to edit for 78xx?

or after "editing" one of the Framebuffers I "override" everything for it?

I was hoping that someone could give me some pointers...

Everything in my Mavericks setup is working, except for my Gigabyte HD7850 2 GB OC: http://www.gigabyte.dk/products/page/vga/gv-r785oc-2gd/

As far as I can see from reading different threads here, I need to edit some files: "AMD7000Controller.kext" and perhaps "AMDFramebuffer.kext".
Is that correct? And if so, which values do I need to change and to what?

Hope you guys can help me!? :)

As far as I can remember "AMDRadeonX4000.kext" and "AMD7000Controller.kext" (some edits into Info.plist)

As far as I can remember "AMDRadeonX4000.kext" and "AMD7000Controller.kext" (some edits into Info.plist)

I can't find anything to edit in "AMD7000Controller.kext", is that right?

So far I've copied the Info.plist from X4000.kext to my desktop, changed the only "0x68181002"-value I could find to "0x68191002", copied the Info.plist back (overwriting the org.) and repaired permissions from Disk Utility.

What else do I need to do before the system is rebooted? Change primary gfx from onboard to PEG/AMD?
And what about the "GraphicsEnabler=No"-option? I don't know if it's yes or no atm...

Hey,

is there an option to enable AMD's Zerocore Power in 10.9 for 7xxx cards? Maybe with a personality?

Just an FYI, I currently have my ATI/AMD Radeon 6770 working kick-ass on Mavericks..
Had to install new kexts that had the correct vendor ID in them ,

It shows up as an ATI HD 5000 but who cares, works great and 3d gaming works great.
Took me about 2 hours of googling and found the correct kexts on another forum on googledrive

View attachment mavericks_dp6_6770.zip

And yes graphicsenabler=NO

OH and yes dual monitors is working fine, but with graphics enabler = yes only 1 screen worked.

Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 8.50.08 am.png Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 9.02.14 am.png
:clap:

Back