Contribute
Register

Ati 6950 and 6970 team !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bastarddog said:
6950=limited as well, mine works just as well (or just as poorly) as a 6970 :) :( Full resolution but no QE/CI.

How did you get full resolution!? I have been trying for a long time now, but haven't found a solution.

Cryptan said:
akasurreal said:
Rickyz said:
ehmm...does 6970 and 6950 work on Snow Leopard? Not interested to Lion now :)

6970 = limited, not accelerated. 6950 = no. Same on Lion.

IMO 6870 is best hackintosh GPU at the moment, until Apple updates drivers.

Not entirely true. I have my 6950 working on both SL and Lion. However, I can only get a 4:3 screen resolution. So everything is a bit stretched, but I can deal with it. So, while the 6970 is better, the 6950 works.

I have read that the new MacBook Airs and Mac Minis have a new version of Lion (thats not available as an update). Does anyone know if there are some new drivers in those builds?

If I can't get native resolution (1920x1200) then I consider it broken/unusable. I was not able to. LCDs look horrible at non-native rez. Also performance was so bad that I also consider that unusable for me. Maybe some people are ok with it =)

bastarddog said:
6950=limited as well, mine works just as well (or just as poorly) as a 6970 :) :( Full resolution but no QE/CI.

it's a big dilemma,I'm building my 2600k hackintosh and I want 6950 or 6970, actually it has a bargain price and it's great for games under windows :sick:

Rickyz said:
bastarddog said:

it's a big dilemma,I'm building my 2600k hackintosh and I want 6950 or 6970, actually it has a bargain price and it's great for games under windows :sick:

I am doing a CrossFireX with 2x6870's. Great for gaming in Windows, and full support for single card in OSX. I think it's best of both worlds for the moment. I would prefer 2x6970's though =) Depending on what rez you are running though, 6870 is a great card though unless you are going to like 2560

akasurreal said:
I am doing a CrossFireX with 2x6870's. Great for gaming in Windows, and full support for single card in OSX. I think it's best of both worlds for the moment. I would prefer 2x6970's though =) Depending on what rez you are running though, 6870 is a great card though unless you are going to like 2560

So when you have crossfired cards and booted into OS X just one of them works like normal? I was thinking about doing xfire for Eyefinity in windows (for the extra power and vram) but didn't know how they would behave when booted back in OS X. I really only need the second card's power for gaming in windows.

techfreak85 said:
akasurreal said:

So when you have crossfired cards and booted into OS X just one of them works like normal? I was thinking about doing xfire for Eyefinity in windows (for the extra power and vram) but didn't know how they would behave when booted back in OS X. I really only need the second card's power for gaming in windows.

I haven't installed my second card yet, but yes, that is my understanding, from reading others that have done it.

Cryptan said:
bastarddog said:

How did you get full resolution!? I have been trying for a long time now, but haven't found a solution.

All I did was delete the correct GLDriver.bundle file in /S/L/E, leaving all other kexts in place. Then, I made sure I booted with GraphicsEnabler=No, and on the 2nd reboot it worked properly, full res and multi-monitor. Animations are all smooth (except for going into fullscreen in some apps) but flash needs some tweaking to get running, and at the momemnt I can't get VLC to work :(

bastarddog said:
Cryptan said:
bastarddog said:

All I did was delete the correct GLDriver.bundle file in /S/L/E, leaving all other kexts in place. Then, I made sure I booted with GraphicsEnabler=No, and on the 2nd reboot it worked properly, full res and multi-monitor. Animations are all smooth (except for going into fullscreen in some apps) but flash needs some tweaking to get running, and at the momemnt I can't get VLC to work :(

Do you recall which GLDriver.bundle you deleted?

Cryptan said:

ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

Resolution changing works, but iTunes, Youtube gives me a kernel panic. I didn't try VLC yet, but I presume I will get a kernel panic as well. Any workarounds for this issue?

mo3rk said:
Cryptan said:

ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

Resolution changing works, but iTunes, Youtube gives me a kernel panic. I didn't try VLC yet, but I presume I will get a kernel panic as well. Any workarounds for this issue?

The workaround for youtube is to disable flash acceleration. I did this by using an old nvidia card that worked properly. The workaround for iTunes is to use Songbird or Clementine :) But I would do that ANYWAY... Dunno about VLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back