Contribute
Register

Ati 6950 and 6970 team !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue all I did was give it a couple min and it loaded.

There is something in my kexts that is causing me to get KP's so I'm going to try a total vanilla install all the way through 10.7.

Drap !
Waiting for this kexts to release, for my i5 2500K and HD6950 :)

rapha-35 said:
Drap !
Waiting for this kexts to release, for my i5 2500K and HD6950 :)

Me too....

racerboy3801 said:
akasurreal said:
racerboy3801 said:
hey guys
would a sapphire 6950 2gb version card work properly with 10.6.8?
Cheers

Not yet, unless you can get it flashed to 6970 but even then the support isn't very good. From my understanding it's all about waiting for the new Mac Pros to come out and hope that 6950/6970 drivers get updated from Apple at that time. I just returned a 6950 and got a 6870 for now.
thanks for your reply
Which card did you get as a replacement. I was looking at a 6870 overclock from gigabyte, would that also work?

Sorry for the late reply, I believe any 6870 should work fine including the OC cards. I personally got this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004O0OKXK because of good user reviews and it's quiet.

I'm on Lion, after having followed the xMove guide to upgrade from 10.6.8 and I have a 6970. It recognizes both of my displays perfectly with the correct resolutions and everything works well but there is no graphics acceleration. The system could be much snappier but it's completely usable sans-gaming for day to day activities. I'm looking forward to future updates with acceleration!

Check the screenshot if you don't believe it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-24 at 3.22.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-24 at 3.22.34 AM.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 202
tainter said:
I'm on Lion, after having followed the xMove guide to upgrade from 10.6.8 and I have a 6970. It recognizes both of my displays perfectly with the correct resolutions and everything works well but there is no graphics acceleration. The system could be much snappier but it's completely usable sans-gaming for day to day activities. I'm looking forward to future updates with acceleration!

Check the screenshot if you don't believe it.

Yeah limited 6970 support has been known, but no 6950, and as you found out its not very good support. I still think our best bet on proper drivers is when the new Mac Pro's launch next month. Til then I will stick to my 6870 that works perfectly =)

bastarddog said:
so the new mac pros are coming out next month?

That's the rumors and makes sense because its one of the only things Apple has left to upgrade to thunderbolt and probably the device and users that need it the most.

I have 6950 cf and I cant make sl or lion work...
I tryed 6870 and work out of the box ! not a pach or kext :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back