Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an old ATi 5770 card which was reflashed to work in a Mac Pro 1.1 - I briefly tried it in a hack but it does not display correctly (colours askew, lack of available resolutions).

Should this card now be reflashed again in order to use in a hack?

Does anyone with knowledge of graphics cards know the answer to this ? I have also posted on netkas.org but no definitive answer yet.

memory tells me there were two possible flashes for this card - one for early Mac Pro's and one for later Mac Pro's (newer than 3,1 I think). It occurs to me that flashing it again with the firmware for later Mac Pro's might enable it to work correctly in my Hack. However I would like confirmation of this before continuing in this direction.

Your issues are most likely not caused by the Mac firmware on the GPU (it should only affect pre-OS behavior in UEFI based PCs).

Which macOS version are you using? Inject/Ati on/off?

thank you for reply @Fl0r!an
Am on 10.13.4 and have not injected ATi in clover. I had thought it was not necessary since I was using a card that works natively in a Mac Pro

Last edited:
@Fl0r!an I also tested with Inject ATi - with that enabled the card is recognised as being a 5770 - without it being injected the card is recognised as a generic ATi 5000 1mb. In both cases I have an issue where there is phasing and all red and yellow colours turn blue. I am wondering if a reflash of the card is the best option. It was bought new via Newegg in the US and shipped to UK in around 2014 the flashing had been done by the seller. It was only ever used in early Mac Pro's until now. There was no issue with it on the Mac Pro's.

I'm having the same problems with a non flashed 5770 under 10.13.4.
I'm running it without InjectAti but it is recognised as a 5770 card.
The machine is defined as a iMac Late 2013; should the be a MacBook Pro?

I installed ResXTreme: Download ResXtreme
Switched to 8-bit colours and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back