Contribute
Register

ATI 5770 and Apple 27"

Status
Not open for further replies.
redratto said:
justruss said:
redratto said:

I've got the same card. I get full acceleration and speed using the 3 10.6.7 ATI kexts in S/L/E for my Lion install. To be more specific, those are kexts version 1.6.26. In fact, these kexts (1.6.26) in lion give me 35 FPS in Cinebech, vs. 32 with the same kexts but the rest of the system also 10.6.7.

Further, I can confirm that using this card-- same as you-- DVI works fine with Lion and Lion original ATI kexts. In other words, 10.7 works fine with this card-- but mini DP is simply not working when the ATI kexts included in Lion are used instead of the 10.6.7 kexts.

Right now I am running Lion 10.7 with vanilla kexts on ATI 5770 (XFX HD-577X-ZMF3) and ACD 27” connected to MiniDP with full acceleration. Cinebench score of 37.

Anyways, here is what I did. Used vanilla kexts for 10.7. In ATI5000Controller.kext, opened Info.plist and replaced Langur with Vervet. Saved and repaired permissions. That’s it.

The reason acceleration did not work before was that I was missing the ATIRadeonX3000 plugin and bundle files--not sure why they did not copy over.

Regarding the framebuffer discussion from above, turns out the drivers for the Vervet framebuffer, while not mentioned in Info.plist of the ATI5000Controller.kext, are present in the controller file. When you open the controller file in Hexedit you can see references to Vervet. Without a reference to Vervet in ATI5000Controller.kext only the DVI ports will work on the card. By replacing Langur with Vervet, the system activates the MiniDP on the card again.

Thanks for this man but I'm still a bit confused. How do you manage to install Lion in the first place in order to modify the kexts? I still have the issue that my ACD connected to the MDP on my 5770 goes black after booting. What would be the steps to be able to change the kexts if you don't have Lion yet installed?

Thanks!

WanderLustMan said:
Thanks for this man but I'm still a bit confused. How do you manage to install Lion in the first place in order to modify the kexts? I still have the issue that my ACD connected to the MDP on my 5770 goes black after booting. What would be the steps to be able to change the kexts if you don't have Lion yet installed?

Thanks!

Does using GraphicsEnabler=No not give you signal?

I modified the kexts in the Installer partititon based on the XMove blog post and it seems to have worked. let's see what happens after the install.

notshy said:
WanderLustMan said:

Thanks!

Does using GraphicsEnabler=No not give you signal?

hi ,notshy,i have the same problem . i use 5770 and apple 27. now i try to install the 10.7 . but the screen go to black after the apple logo. even i use the GraphicsEnabler=No. no give me signal.

what should i do?

WanderLustMan said:
I modified the kexts in the Installer partititon based on the XMove blog post and it seems to have worked. let's see what happens after the install.

hi WanderLustMan, can you let me know ,what you did that you can see after boot?

magestrate said:
and get the sapphire 6870 this card works super sweet...
Sapphire 6870 comes in 3 different models:

S6871GD5HF (FLEX 4)
S6871GD5V (VAPOR X)
S6871GD5H (DVI HDMI DUAL MINI DP)

Which one do you have?

Hi Guys, this thread is kind of long... I have a chance to own one of these 27" Apple Displays and though why not since I already own an iMac which my fiance dominates all the time, Just wondering on a few things before I invest the money into purchasing it.

Appreciate accurate information.

1) I use both an Asus 6870 & XFX 6870 gfx card in my machine, both have 2 x Mini DP ports, Im guessing the display is compatible with either one of my 6870's natively and I dont need to use any adapater since the display comes with supplied mini dp to mini dp cable?

2) If im using this display, will the inbuilt camera and speakers work via mini dp connector or do I need to hook up a seperate USB or something?

3) Will I be able to use it in Windows 7 & Bios, Chimera screen? dealbreaker for me!!!

THANKs in advance guys :thumbup:

KidCastro said:
Hi Guys, this thread is kind of long... I have a chance to own one of these 27" Apple Displays and though why not since I already own an iMac which my fiance dominates all the time, Just wondering on a few things before I invest the money into purchasing it.

Appreciate accurate information.

1) I use both an Asus 6870 & XFX 6870 gfx card in my machine, both have 2 x Mini DP ports, Im guessing the display is compatible with either one of my 6870's natively and I dont need to use any adapater since the display comes with supplied mini dp to mini dp cable?

2) If im using this display, will the inbuilt camera and speakers work via mini dp connector or do I need to hook up a seperate USB or something?

3) Will I be able to use it in Windows 7 & Bios, Chimera screen? dealbreaker for me!!!

THANKs in advance guys :thumbup:
1 - Yes for both cards it will work
2- It uses a seperate USB for the Mic, iSite and speakers
3- Yes, Yes and Yes, you can also get the drivers for it for Windows and use the speakers, mic and iSite camera
:D

I bought the ACD 27'' and i Tested it with my graphic card Gigabyte Radeon HD GV-R687OC-1GD OC connected trough MD port.
3658_main.jpg

The ACD work fine out of the box:
- display the BIOS screen
- fully recognized by OS-X, Facetime, audio and microphone works fine
- fully recognized by Win 7 64 bit Home Premium SP-1, iSight video, audio and microphone works fine.
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back