Contribute
Register

ATI 5770 and Apple 27"

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm macspear, not sure what you are referring to there. I really want to stay with 10.6.6 and I've seen people on the forum with it working I just cant seem to find a clear way to do it. I even tried different AtiConfig=xxxxx buffers at the chameleon boot screen.

Here's my 5770 (ZMF3) card in hardware profile.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-16 at 7.44.42 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-16 at 7.44.42 PM.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 220
Anyone?

I've searched the forums but can't seem to find a definitive way to get the Mini Displayport working.

heifetz77 said:
Anyone?

I've searched the forums but can't seem to find a definitive way to get the Mini Displayport working.

i had a problem with this card too if i read your post correctly your currently in 10.6.6 you should try to update your os to at least 10.6.8 your card is supported natively.. otherwise dump the card and get the sapphire 6870 this card works super sweet... i just remembered make sure the usb cable thats attached with you acd is not in a special usb port only on the regular one . make sure it not attached to a 3.0 port or something like that...

Ok I will clone my system and try updating to 10.6.8 and see how it goes with my single slot 5770.

Otherwise you are saying the 6870 should work OOB on 10.6.6? I wasn't aware it was supported in that version...

heifetz77 said:
Ok I will clone my system and try updating to 10.6.8 and see how it goes with my single slot 5770.

Otherwise you are saying the 6870 should work OOB on 10.6.6? I wasn't aware it was supported in that version...

noooooo its not natively supported in 10.6.6 but in 10.6.8 definatly ...

So I've read through the thread but still cannot get my acd27 work with single slot xfx5770.

I thought it was natively supported on 10.6.7? The screen shows BIOS but then just goes black right before entering desktop. However I do get into the desktop with my TV through the dvi port. If I have both mdp and dvi connected at the same time both of them goes black...

Do I need to add something to the boot.plist?

Strange that people are having trouble with the 5770 w/ mDP and 10.6.7, since the 10.6.7 kexts where the last that worked without modifiying the ATI5000controller kext for me.

But that simple ATI5000Controller edit gives me full support with 10.7 and 10.7.1... and better graphics performance than SL.

Not sure if this helps, but for my 5870 eyefinity (6x minidp) and ACD I did the ATI5000Controller edit and AtiConfig=Hoolock, works like a charm in 10.7.1. No next rollback, just edit.

Screen Shot 2011-09-06 at 21.00.33.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-09-06 at 21.02.17.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-06 at 21.00.33.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-09-06 at 21.00.33.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 2011-09-06 at 21.02.17.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-09-06 at 21.02.17.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 153
For those stating that they have got good results with bin edits - please can you post your edits and workings to make it easier for subsequent users to see - otherwise it means pages of searching to find the right edits and it's much easier if you've already done this to post it.

Thanks

Quick question as to whether anyone out there has an Asus EAH Radeon HD5770. I've got mine running fine under what I believe to be a vanilla install of 10.7.1 (My cinebench scores are 5 points better than under SL) and I haven't had any issue with getting my DVI port to work properly without any edits to kexts. However, my system reports that there are two cables connected to my card, when there is only one. I ask because my device info is identical to other 5770 cards, but I have a non-reference port configuration and I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me sort it out. I've been reading over at Netkas.org and I have discovered that some people have been modifying some of the framebuffer personalities themselves (not just the kexts), but I'm not a computer wiz and I'm having trouble understanding what all the numbers mean.

I have three ports 1XDVI (working) 1XVGA (Reported as connected in sysprofiler) and 1XHDMI (which seems to be the passive port).

I understand that without modification, Multibeast/chimera are able to get two DVI ports working with the unmodified 10.7 driver kexts. This is what I believe is causing the false report.

In the end the issue is actually that I have to mirror my screens to ensure that I don't loose my mouse every now and then when I move it too quickly to the right or left. However, I wouldn't mind learning about how to correct this problem, so that IF in the future someone else buys my card and needs help, I can pass it on.

Thanks,

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back