Contribute
Register

AtherosL1cEthernet tweaked for High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for this noob question, but how do you install this?
The downloaded file has a contents folder with a info.plist and an atherosL1cEthernet unix executable file. Should I just drag them into the System/Library/Extensions folder, and then paste the commands in terminal?
Just download the driver(kext), extract it(The Zip File) on Desktop and use the KextBeast app to install it into /System/Library/Extension.

You can then use the "sudo kextload" command above to load it directly or just reboot after using the KextBeast app.

Thanks. i have sucess on Catalina OS.

My MB is a Gigabyte H77m-D3H

Thank you kindly for this.
I did not manage to get this kext working on my High Sierra setup with a Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H which includes the infamous AR8151 network controller. I then decided to download the source code for this driver from github and installed Xcode on High Sierra and build it. Build succeeded. I think I placed it on EFI/Clover/kexts/Other but it didn't work, I also tried the /Library/Extensions and it didn't work either. I then decided to install it into /System/Library/Extensions/.

Issued a
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
followed by
Code:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AtherosL1cEthernet.kext
Voila! Finally got my ethernet working.

I have included the High Sierra (10.13) kext here if someone does not get the previous kext file to work.
thank you so much. after 3 days of searching the web for the right kext, i finally have it. your 10.13 kext works perfectly on my MSI H61M-P23 (b3). your my hero man. thanks again.......

thank you so much. after 3 days of searching the web for the right kext, i finally have it. your 10.13 kext works perfectly on my MSI H61M-P23 (b3). your my hero man. thanks again.......
You are most welcome. Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back