i7-4770S
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Bump to top.
After success of making toledaARPT kext work under (High) Sierra with an info.plist which I found on GitHUB,
I thought I might try and make AtherosL1cEthernet work as well.

- I did a download of that kext from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/374-atherosl1cethernetkext/
- I did a kextstat of the kexts which were currently loaded
- I changed version #'s in info.plist in the lines following <key>OSBundleLibraries</key> to kextstat version #'s
- BINGO! Working Ethernet.
- (sort of proud; my first kext!)

Attachments

• AtherosL1cEthernetSierra.kext.zip
    74.5 KB · Views: 3,417
Hi,

Man you have saved my life and a LOT of time. Until your kext came along, my hack just kept resetting after sleep. I couldn’t figure out the cause. After reading and trying every kind of clover entry and alternative kext, this came along. It works! Man I’m so happy I could kiss and hug you!

By the way, my mobo is the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H 1.0 with the Atheros AR8151 chipset. Hopefully this will help other with the same problem.

Big big thanks!

Best regards

Thanks a million REvandenBerg !!! You saved the day for me .... H77DS3H ... REV 1.0 ... Ethernet now working perfectly !!!

Which Atheros Wifi did you make work actually?
Can you provide the info.plist of the wifi card you changed?

Yes, it worked perfectly for me, thanks a lot!!

Does this work for Mojave and/or is there an easy fix to get it working with Mojave?

Does this work for Mojave and/or is there an easy fix to get it working with Mojave?
Well... I'm not sure, because I did not install Mojave yet.

My recipe, however (see "Bump to top"), is so simple that even I could do it, and should work under Mojave too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back