Contribute
Register

Atheros AR9485 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
"wrong signature error" ??

lol, well it flashed on and off very quickly :D and the ?'s are outside the quotes :) but, when I clicked on the wifi symbol (it was an empty triangle) on the mac task bar it stated I had "no wifi hardware detected" so it looks like its not going to work?

Pete

lol, well it flashed on and off very quickly :D and the ?'s are outside the quotes :) but, when I clicked on the wifi symbol (it was an empty triangle) on the mac task bar it stated I had "no wifi hardware detected" so it looks like its not going to work?

Pete

"Wrong signature" probably has to do with sleepimage (aka hibernation file... unrelated to your hardware change here)...

You probably need DSDT patch to enable Airport. See 4530s 02_DSDTPatch.txt, look for '80211'... IDs might need reworking (not sure of that) for your device, maybe...

You need to fix the device id in the kext or use the dsdt patch from the 4x30s series, i would guess. But isn't the other one better anyways?

Yes mate, that seems to be the actual issue, the AR5B93 is working fine and natively so I'm sticking with that one :thumbup:

Pete

That sure sounds like a simple and safe solution, because putting your faith in notebooks BIOS settings, will disappoint you more often then not.

Anyways, I found this scheme:
View attachment 44284
This should give us an idea where to start, probably there are other options too as you say, cutting power off...
Then we only need one of this adapters to make the install solid:
View attachment 44286
EDIT:
I just ordered an used AR5B93, got it for 4.65 pounds so i couldn't resist the temptation, fingers crossed.

before i figured out how to enlarge the pinout thumbnails, i found what i guess is a more generic mini-pci-e pinout, which says there is 3.3 v on pins 2, 24, and 52. i taped over these pins one at a time, and BT continued to work.

then i tried a more obvious solution--disconnecting one of the antennas to see if one was BT and one wifi, or if both are combo antennas.

i first disconnected the shorter antenna cable, and voila--BT doesn't pick up my nearby hack's BT mouse, which is the solution i needed.

now i see from your attached thumbnails that there is also 3.3v on pins 39 and 41. tomorrow, i will try taping those over, to see if that will totally disable BT.

i would really like to understand why disabling BT in the 4530s bios is ignored by OSX.

ken

i would really like to understand why disabling BT in the 4530s bios is ignored by OSX.

Probably BIOS is just setting a bit somewhere (in memory) for the driver to recognize (later) as "disabled," so it is totally dependent on software -- software not present in the OS X case.

Probably they didn't want bother with adding hardware that could cut power to the device to keep it from being visible on the PCIe bus...

Probably BIOS is just setting a bit somewhere (in memory) for the driver to recognize (later) as "disabled," so it is totally dependent on software -- software not present in the OS X case.

Probably they didn't want bother with adding hardware that could cut power to the device to keep it from being visible on the PCIe bus...

makes sense

thanks

So der is no hope for AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter !

Then how come Bluetooth is detected !

So, it's 17/7/2017 ... any hope for the AR9485?
After a success Hackintosh on a Thinkpad 430 I'm planning to do on a Zenbook UX31e

I didn't found a wifi card that natively gets toleda kext and fits on the zenbook =(
I could bypass the whitelist with an 928X changind the id's (i already did it once for the T430) but...

The connection pcie of Zenbook is different and smaller!

This card is cursed or what? Any solution for Bluetooth on Catalina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back