Contribute
Register

Atheros AR9485 (a.k.a. Dell Wireless 1703): Thread for Kext/patch support/development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-E
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
AMD Radeon 5700
Atheros AR9485 kext development

Hello!

First off, I must say thanks to the community for helping me set up OSX on my laptop.
Mostly everything is working on my computer... except for wireless.

I searched around and there doesn't seem to be a kext or patch for the AR9485 card.
But there are many people who are requesting kexts.

I wanted to start a thread so we can collaboratively create and test any possible solutions.

Simple rules for this thread:

1. No "buy a supported Wi-fi card" suggestions. We know where to find them
  2. No "I agree hurry up gimme kext" posts. We know, that's why you're here. Help out by testing any pending solutions or contributing your own ideas
  3. No "How did you set up your computer I am stuck here and here" posts. If you want help on something else search around or create a new thread.
  4. Be polite, kind, respectful, and on-topic.

I know, this is my first thread, why am I so strict, I should be nicer.
I've seen too many posts with no solution, which are useless for those searching for answers. I want to create a thread where people with the same card can get solutions in the form of a kext or patch (or anything else software side).

Suggestions from experienced kext builders about how to go about creating this kext and/or what problems we have to overcome are welcome. Remember, this is a collaborative thread.

Thanks!

hello I wonder if going out with some Kext to Yosemite dell wireless 1703 perfeiro this all on my kacktosch only this missing this kext . please help me .

hello I wonder if going out with some Kext to Yosemite dell wireless 1703 perfeiro this all on my kacktosch only this missing this kext . please help me .

AR9485 is not supported. Replace it with a compatible card.

I had an mATX build in mind since last year's Gigabyte Z77 offerings for mATX had incompatible or troubled audio or network. This build is fantastic- fast, small, quiet, and suits my testing needs for HD 4600 and Haswell very well. The only thing that's not currently working is HDMI Audio from the integrated graphics- we're working on a solution. If you need iMessage and Facetime services, Chameleon's FileNVRAM module is needed. Add the .dylib to /Extra/modules.

I had an mATX build in mind since last year's Gigabyte Z77 offerings for mATX had incompatible or troubled audio or network. This build is fantastic- fast, small, quiet, and suits my testing needs for HD 4600 and Haswell very well. The only thing that's not currently working is HDMI Audio from the integrated graphics- we're working on a solution. If you need iMessage and Facetime services, Chameleon's FileNVRAM module is needed. Add the .dylib to /Extra/modules.

Off-topic... It appears you intended to post to a different thread.

injecting your Device ID in AirPortAtheros40.kext, which is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns is a workaround, but it will not work, the system recognizes the WiFi and shows the icon, but it won't connect to any network, an you lose the BT if you mod the file...:confused: :confused:

why is so hard for this card to work?? is there in the card some chip that's messing up with us??

injecting your Device ID in AirPortAtheros40.kext, which is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns is a workaround, but it will not work, the system recognizes the WiFi and shows the icon, but it won't connect to any network, an you lose the BT if you mod the file...:confused: :confused:

why is so hard for this card to work?? is there in the card some chip that's messing up with us??

Read post #3.

Get one of the Atheros 928x cards and rebrand it to bypass your whitelist and use FakePCIID ... it will cost you less than $20 and a bit of time in Linux or Windows to change the IDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back