Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi @RehabMan

I am currently running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on Acer Aspire S3-391 i3 Intel HD4000. Everything is working flawlessly thanks to your kexts and DSDTs. When I say everything, I mean everything other than bluetooth..

I was wondering if it would be possible to add support for bluetooth AR3012 to your existing IOath3kfrmwr.kext?
AR9462 WiFi is working great on Sierra, thanks to Matthew and his kext over here: https://github.com/matthew728960/Clover-ACER-E1-471G/tree/master/Tools/AR5B22

I have tried 3 versions of macOS and found the following to be true:

10.11.x: WiFi = Works; BT = Works
10.12.x: WiFi = Works; BT = Doesn't work
10.13: WiFi = Doesn't work; BT = Doesn't work

Any chance you would take the AR9462 and AR3012 onboard for development? I have read your WiFi & BT recommendations, but I don't think this card is bad and shouldn't be doomed in my personal opinion.

Further info about the card: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Atheros_AR5BMD22

Thanks,
Cr1ms0n

I was wondering if it would be possible to add support for bluetooth AR3012 to your existing IOath3kfrmwr.kext?

Certainly possible, but will require developer skills.
Look at Linux firmware loaders for ideas, then port the code into IOath3kfrmwr source.

@RehabMan

Thanks for your reply!
I've done some Googling and followed some threads to obtain the latest ath9k driver (which is part of the kernel, but the latest version can be obtained from backports). Although I have the driver, I have no idea how to implement it into your IOath3kfrmwr kext. You have to excuse me, I have minimal developer/coding skills although I try my best.

I'll attach the files for both WiFi and BT obtained.
In addition, I've tried googling 'Linux Firmware Loaders', but I'm not at all sure what I am looking for?

Could you help me out?
Sorry to bother you & thanks very much in advance

Cr1ms0n

Attachments

• ath3k.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 536
  • ar9462_2p0_initvals.txt
    42.6 KB · Views: 626
  • ar9462_2p1_initvals.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 588
@RehabMan

Thanks for your reply!
I've done some Googling and followed some threads to obtain the latest ath9k driver (which is part of the kernel, but the latest version can be obtained from backports). Although I have the driver, I have no idea how to implement it into your IOath3kfrmwr kext. You have to excuse me, I have minimal developer/coding skills although I try my best.

I'll attach the files for both WiFi and BT obtained.
In addition, I've tried googling 'Linux Firmware Loaders', but I'm not at all sure what I am looking for?

Could you help me out?
Sorry to bother you & thanks very much in advance

Cr1ms0n

If you want it done, you will need to work through it yourself.
Personally, I have no need and think using Broadcom is better as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back