Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] Atheros AR5B91 (ar9281) Wi-Fi card on Sony Vaio E series, no network

Hi all,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop (SVE1512X1esi) with an Atheros AR5B91 (ar9281) Wi-Fi card. This card works perfectly with Windows 7 and Ubuntu 14.04.3 but with Yosemite 10.10.5, it doesn't work at all because it doesn't find network (I have Wi-Fi in my home and there are many other Wi-Fi sources around).

In system configuration the Wi-Fi card appears with supported airport and in "non associated" status.

My laptop doesn't have a button or a Fn+key combination to turn-on Wi-Fi, in Windows I can turn on it by a virtual button.
In Ubuntu and in Yosemite I can turn on the Wi-Fi card with the specified software function.

Any ideas? Do you need other informations? How to obtain network in Yosemite?

Sorry for my bad English.....

Hi all,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop (SVE1512X1esi) with an Atheros AR9285 (AR5B95) Wi-Fi card. This card works perfectly with Windows 7 and Ubuntu 14.04.3 but with Yosemite 10.10.5, it doesn't work at all because it doesn't find network (I have Wi-Fi in my home and there are many other Wi-Fi sources around).

In system configuration the Wi-Fi card appears with supported airport and in "non associated" status.

My laptop doesn't have a button or a Fn+key combination to turn-on Wi-Fi, in Windows I can turn on it by a virtual button.
In Ubuntu and in Yosemite I can turn on the Wi-Fi card with the specified software function.

Any ideas? Do you need other informations? How to obtain network in Yosemite?

Sorry for my bad English.....

What procedures did you use to support AR9285? There are more wrong ways than right ways.

What do you mean by "virtual button"?

Thank you for the support RehabMan, I changed the Wi-fi card code because I wrote the wronge model....the right name is Atheros AR5B91 (ar9281).

Does it work OOB, right?

"virtual button", I mean a small application (VAIO Smart Network Software) that turn on or turn off Wi-Fi, in Windows.

In Ubuntu and Yosemite I can turn on/turn off Wi-fi but while in Ubuntu network appears, in Yosemite no network become available.

Thank you for the support RehabMan, I changed the Wi-fi card code because I wrote the wronge model....the right name is Atheros AR5B91 (ar9281).

Does it work OOB, right?

Supposedly it works with no mods.

"virtual button", I mean a small application (VAIO Smart Network Software) that turn on or turn off Wi-Fi, in Windows.

In Ubuntu and Yosemite I can turn on/turn off Wi-fi but while in ubuntu network appears, in Yosemite no network avaible.

If the drivers are loading and you can find no way to turn it on, you should tape pin 20.

Yes, the driver are loading.

I didn't know the "pin 20 taping", I'll search information on the net

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

YEAH, IT WORKS! Thank you RehabMan!

I was sure that was a radio problem but in the last few days, I didn't find the "pin 20 taping", thank you again!

Yes, the driver are loading.

I didn't know the "pin 20 taping", I'll search information on the net

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

YEAH, IT WORKS! Thank you RehabMan!

I was sure that was a radio problem but in the last few days, I didn't find the "pin 20 taping", thank you again!

Nice to hear you have it working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back