Contribute
Register

Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter doesn't want to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an Acer Aspire 3750 with Mac OS on it. The Mac OS installation woked fine and I can use everything except for my wifi card. I spent the last hours on trying everything I found in the internet. My wifi card is the Atheros AR5B97. The most common solution seemed to be installing the IO80211Family.kext. I did this several times by dropping it into KextDrop, istalling it with KextHelper, KextUtility and manually with the terminal. I even reinstalled MacOS 3 times and tried a lot of other stuff that I found in the Internet. But no success at all!
And furthermore since the last installation VoodooHDA isn't working anymore.
If anyone knows what I could have done wrong, please awnser, I would be very thankful!!!

I have an Acer Aspire 3750 with Mac OS on it. The Mac OS installation woked fine and I can use everything except for my wifi card. I spent the last hours on trying everything I found in the internet. My wifi card is the Atheros AR5B97. The most common solution seemed to be installing the IO80211Family.kext. I did this several times by dropping it into KextDrop, istalling it with KextHelper, KextUtility and manually with the terminal. I even reinstalled MacOS 3 times and tried a lot of other stuff that I found in the Internet. But no success at all!
And furthermore since the last installation VoodooHDA isn't working anymore.
If anyone knows what I could have done wrong, please awnser, I would be very thankful!!!

For AR5B97 (WiFi is AR9287), you don't need to install a replacement/patched/rolledback/whatever IO80211Family.kext. All you need is DSDT patch to change the device-id or a codeless kext (aka injector or enabler kext).

Restore vanilla IO80211Family.kext, then read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Hi LucasZLZ i have one question to you how you get ready a blinking screen?? I have mountain Lion on Acer 3750 and when I turn on my laptop system is turnin on no prob but after login system starts refreshing....hdd light stays on and everything is very slow... Help me please because I fighting with this sh.... For about a week...
sory for my English ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back