Nvidia 8800 GTS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased a Dell XPS 17 L702x, and have gotten everything working except the infamous intel centrino wifi card, so I went to ebay and bought an atheros ar5b195 wifi/bluetooth combo card. After days of searching around and installing new kexts, I finally got the wifi (AR8285) to work, but not the bluetooth (AR3011) to work.

I have heard (and can confirm myself) that the bluetooth works perfectly only when you start up Windows 7, then warm boot into Lion.

Are there any suggestions on how to get the bluetooth working without warm booting?
Thanks

if you get this working i will buy this card please post if you have success thanks!

bluetooth definitely works if you use the dlink dt120 usb dongle ,just plug it in and you are off mac has drivers for it ,use one on my old g4 and tested on the hack all working just plug it in

they have them on ebay .com not sure about amazon and newegg as i am in France ,priced at 12 dollars

DLINK DBT120 missed out the B

HI ,just to confirm my Buffallo airstation pci card ,which i just pulled from my g4 works in the hackintosh ,it saw it straight away and did network configuration

gbtahoe26 said:
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased a Dell XPS 17 L702x, and have gotten everything working except the infamous intel centrino wifi card, so I went to ebay and bought an atheros ar5b195 wifi/bluetooth combo card. After days of searching around and installing new kexts, I finally got the wifi (AR8285) to work, but not the bluetooth (AR3011) to work.

I have heard (and can confirm myself) that the bluetooth works perfectly only when you start up Windows 7, then warm boot into Lion.

Are there any suggestions on how to get the bluetooth working without warm booting?
Thanks

Hi,
I want to replace my intel centrino wlan module with something which works fine without any patches in 10.7.3. How about bluethooth problem, it it still there?
Or may be you could advise something else (mini half pci-e)?

at insanelymac i saw a post about a bt enabler for ar3011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back