Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hie,
I recently got catalina booting on my hp pavilion 15-n214tx but I cannot get the wifi and bluetooth working.

Anyone to help?

Hi,
to get WiFi working you need to copy AirportAtheros40.kext from an existing High Sierra installation. You find it under /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/PlugIns/. Copy it to the exactly same location in Catalina, make sure your device id is listed in the Info.plist inside AirportAtheros40.kext, repair permissions and rebuild caches using your favorite kext installer, reboot.

Okay thanks I will try that tonight and get back to you

thank you it worked

Hi,
to get WiFi working you need to copy AirportAtheros40.kext from an existing High Sierra installation. You find it under /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/PlugIns/. Copy it to the exactly same location in Catalina, make sure your device id is listed in the Info.plist inside AirportAtheros40.kext, repair permissions and rebuild caches using your favorite kext installer, reboot.
@kdsjH would you mind helping me with the bluetooth?

I have save same problem on my Catalina 10.15.7 and OC 0.6.2. I read on other forum that problem is in OpenCore 0.6.2 and 0.6.1 it work on 0.6.0 and I confirm it work.
I add in S/L/E and on OC/kext and Wireless work like charm , I'm not have vanila kext on S/L/E to take it back.
Before change OpenCore I try more then 6-8 kext and option / Plan A/ Plan B... IN any try DPCIManager show AR9285 but not load kext.
Problem is Solve with OpenCore 0.6.0 ... even in BigSur work . I'm not try with Clover.

Attachments

• Ath3kBT.kext.zip
    239.8 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:
thanks a lot, am really eager to try this out tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back