Graphics
NVIDIA GT 430
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed Mavericks to my HP Probook 4530s. But not supported my HP's WiFi adapter and i bought a Atheros AR5B125 and changed. Switched on a laptop and HP Bios shows me WiFi adapter not supported. "WLAN Module ID (702)". How i can use this adapter? Any Help?

1. Were did you read that the AR5B125 is supported in OSX?
2. Are you aware that your notebook has a whitelist and you have a really limited selection of cards (I don't have this notebook, but as far I remember only ar9285 is whitelisted and working under OSX after a patch, 4530s owners will correct me if I am wrong).

1. Were did you read that the AR5B125 is supported in OSX?
2. Are you aware that your notebook has a whitelist and you have a really limited selection of cards (I don't have this notebook, but as far I remember only ar9285 is whitelisted and working under OSX after a patch, 4530s owners will correct me if I am wrong).

Can i add this model to whitelist? Or i cant use it?

Can i add this model to whitelist? Or i cant use it?
It seems that you can't:p.
There are no drivers for that card (or prove me wrong) so even if you are a great BIOS hacker, you need to be a great kext writer too for any hope.
On a more serious note, just read around this forum what card others with the same notebook use or if that is to much work wait for them to tell you...

Yeah I was trying to give him a kick start as his existing one doesnt work :p

Details... details... Yes, hackintosh is a task where you must pay attention to details!

@iprogrammer

Summary for you:
- AR5B125 is not supported (neither by the whitelist in 4530s, nor by OS X as far as drivers)
- For the ProBook 4530s, the best choice is an AR5B195 and it *must* be HP branded

Details... details... Yes, hackintosh is a task where you must pay attention to details!

OK boss :p but i was under impression that whoever comes here must have some 'enough' knowledge to know what s/he is doing exactly but i got the point :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back