Contribute
Register

Asus Zenbook UX330UA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe only your brightness is at 0. Had the problem at the beginning.

And old VoodooI2C.kext 1.0.4 is a sleep preventer.

With kext "AsusNBFnKeys.kext" and "Keyboard backlight 4 level Haswell" DSDT patch.

Sleep with DSDT patch "USB3 _PRW 0x6D (instant wake)".
https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/usb/usb_prw_0x6d_xhc.txt

Does anyone have the same problem as I with ELAN 1200 (Only new Kext V2.0.1)?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/page-21#post-1699420

can the two of you please share your cover EFI folder.
can´t make it to work and its the same model.

thank you so much, keyboard light works now.

what I´ve done:
- applied all your Asus_Zenbook_UX330UA_DSDT_Patches TXT to my DSDT
- applied all your Asus_Zenbook_UX330UAK_DSDT_GPIO Pinning_for_ELAN1200_Patches TXT. to my DSDT
- usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl TXT to my DSDT
- Exported final DSDT to patched folder
- applied all your Asus_Zenbook_UX330UA_SSDT_Paches TXT to all of my needed SSDT and exported all to patched folder
- used your config.plist (generated new serial)
- used all of your kexts and used your method and put them on the CLOVER/KTEXTS/OTHERS instead of S/L/E
- copied Asus_Zenbook.keylayout to /System/Library/DTDs/KeyboardLayout.dtd (is this correct? should I apply the Dtd extension?)
what's working:
- keyboard light on, Battery status on, wifi on, bluetooth on, sound on,

what's not working:
- can't change brightness. Brightness keys or any brightness bar in monitor prefs
- sleep don't work and if I let pass the "turn screen of after:" it won't turn on

Should I need to delete some ktext from S/L/E other then IPLSS?
I´m Using high Sierra 10.3.3
I´m sending my DSDT in attach.
thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSDT MARCH18.dsl
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
thank you so much, keyboard light works now.

what I´ve done:
- applied all your Asus_Zenbook_UX330UA_DSDT_Patches TXT to my DSDT
- applied all your Asus_Zenbook_UX330UAK_DSDT_GPIO Pinning_for_ELAN1200_Patches TXT. to my DSDT
- usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl TXT to my DSDT
- Exported final DSDT to patched folder
- applied all your Asus_Zenbook_UX330UA_SSDT_Paches TXT to all of my needed SSDT and exported all to patched folder
- used your config.plist (generated new serial)
- used all of your kexts and used your method and put them on the CLOVER/KTEXTS/OTHERS instead of S/L/E
- copied Asus_Zenbook.keylayout to /System/Library/DTDs/KeyboardLayout.dtd (is this correct? should I apply the Dtd extension?)
what's working:
- keyboard light on, Battery status on, wifi on, bluetooth on, sound on,

what's not working:
- The new VoodooI2C-v2 (used vodooi2CElan.ktext voodooi2CHID.ktext, at the same time in S/L/E) do not work.
had to go back to version 1.0.4 that works for now.
- can't change brightness. Brightness keys or any brightness bar in monitor prefs
- can't disable fn key in keyboard prefs
- sleep don't work and if I let pass the "turn screen of after:" it won't turn on

Should I need to delete some ktext from S/L/E other then IPLSS?
I´m Using high Sierra 10.3.3
I´m sending my DSDT in attach.
thanks in advance

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Restart the DSDT patched from the beggining and everything is working except for the sleep wake.
Added the SSD-PNL to ACPI/Patched folder
only sleep to solve. thanks a lot

You will need to describe the sleep problem in detail, and...
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_8818.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 83
You forgot "describe the sleep problem in
detail"
The sleep problem is that I´ve apply my sleep lid ux330 specific patch, and didn't do nothing, don´t know what í´m doing wrong. the DSDT came with no errors, and everything works except for sleep and wake. every time i put it to sleep, he wakes up but the monitor won't wake, everything else seems to work. in power prefs if I let the monitor turns off it won't turn on like sleep.
thanks in advance.

The sleep problem is that I´ve apply my sleep lid ux330 specific patch, and didn't do nothing, don´t know what í´m doing wrong. the DSDT came with no errors, and everything works except for sleep and wake. every time i put it to sleep, he wakes up but the monitor won't wake, everything else seems to work. in power prefs if I let the monitor turns off it won't turn on like sleep.
thanks in advance.

ACPI not patched correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

(with only Intel GPU, as your profile states, I expect only ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml, no patched SSDTs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back