Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
jhawk,

Will this work for the i5 version of the UX305/LA?

what's New: Added Ambient Light Sensing and new Asus Lid Close patch (sleep).

Contained herein are the patches, kext and NewFastLanePackage. If you built your own DSDT/SSDT then you will need Kexts and Patches. FastLanePackage user will use NewFastLanePackages-ALS. All users need kexts and need to remove kext described in READ_Me.

For convenience everthing is contained in NewFastLanePackageALS-Master. Please read the READ_ME in each package for additional information. REF: Fn+A enables/disable ALS by default it is on.

jhawk

Hi,

I have bought the broadwell UX305la i7 5500u version and El Capitan is working but there are some issues that I can't resolve.

Dsdt / ssdt patching
I have followed the jhawk dsdt ssdt patching methods and tried different types of extracting but still getting stuck in resolvin errors.
Extracting ACPI files during Linux gives 10 files (ssdt 8,9,10) are in 'dynamic' folder of ACPI tables. Patching the .dsl files, saving als .aml and again disasemblimg with the external references in refs.txt won't compile the files. For example: saving the clean dsdt.dsl as dsdt.aml and compiling the dsdt.aml still gives errors. Extracting the files with pikeralpha ssdtPRGen compiles a clean dsdt.aml but a unresolvable ssdt-4.aml.

Smbios / Apple id
The clover install with Unibeast is configured with a config.plist that has a MacBook air 6,2 smbios. I followed the iMessage fix on this site to setup a functional as possible smbios. The reason is that when logging in on the Apple ID website and clicking on the logged in devices, constantly a MacBook Pro 17" incl serial W88F9CDEDF93. Even when I format the SSD, repartitioning etc etc, this MacBook Pro keeps coming up on the Apple ID page. How is this possible?

Dsdt, ssdt and clover folder will be enclosed tommorow as I'm working on my iPad.

... Patching the .dsl files, saving als .aml and again disasemblimg with the external references in refs.txt won't compile the files. For example: saving the clean dsdt.dsl as dsdt.aml and compiling the dsdt.aml still gives errors.

No expectation that opening an AML directly will result in an error free compile.

Read the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Once patched and compiled as AML, there is no reason to open it.

Update: Was going to try to install it on the UX305UA, the i5 version. Have not tried to install yet, as i knew that Intel wireless was not supported. So i bought a screwdriver kit and a new wireless card, to find out that the UA has the wireless card soldered on. So default wifi on these, not gonna work more than likely. Unless the picture attached is something else other than the wifi card... It's antenna wires lead into the bezel and are the only things that do so.

Attachments

• IMG_20151227_133614.jpg
    IMG_20151227_133614.jpg
    996.1 KB · Views: 254
Update: Was going to try to install it on the UX305UA, the i5 version. Have not tried to install yet, as i knew that Intel wireless was not supported. So i bought a screwdriver kit and a new wireless card, to find out that the UA has the wireless card soldered on. So default wifi on these, not gonna work more than likely. Unless the picture attached is something else other than the wifi card... It's antenna wires lead into the bezel and are the only things that do so.

Looks like non-replaceable WiFi to me...

Heya, I have the exact same model. I also have the Core M version (UX305FA). On the i5 version, it's definitely soldered. Looks like they did this to make room for the fan on the i5 version. USB wifi has been freakishly reliable for me at least (RT2870).

@rehabman

As promised the dsdt / ssdt files extracted with clover.
I have also enclosed a ioreg and the clover folder with it.

I know the wireless N intel card is not supported. I have a working Asus n-10 Nano usb adapter. Maybe you could check if this have something to do with not able to log in to iMessage/facetime and iCloud. I have tried the nullethernet.kext but because of the not functional DSDT / SSDT's not able to check that.

Attachments

• MacBook Air van Olav.zip
    502.7 KB · Views: 68
  • CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 91
  • extract.zip
    316.1 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back