Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarge999,

I was thinking about issue with iMessage, assuming it was stable before upgrade then i would try rename /EFI/Apple /EFI/_Apple and let it create a new matching /EFI/Apple. If it corrects problem simply delete /EFI/_Apple or if need be restore it.

jhawk

Sarge999,

I was thinking about issue with iMessage, assuming it was stable before upgrade then i would try rename /EFI/Apple /EFI/_Apple and let it create a new matching /EFI/Apple. If it corrects problem simply delete /EFI/_Apple or if need be restore it.

jhawk

Thanks, Jhawk. I'm actually having sync problems with one of my other machines as well. Maybe I'll just wait until clover configurator is updated to reflect the new macbook and broadwell CPU.

Wow, this thread has gotten long... is there a summary available that details how to get Yosemite completely working on ux305?

RehabMan,

Can any version of OS X be used to restore from backup? Or must it match version installed. Oddly, enough I lost MyDigitalSSD right after I backed it up, Luck or bad karma, new 256GB en-route and soon to be followed by RMA to MyDigitalSSSD.

jhawk

RehabMan,

Can any version of OS X be used to restore from backup? Or must it match version installed. Oddly, enough I lost MyDigitalSSD right after I backed it up, Luck or bad karma, new 256GB en-route and soon to be followed by RMA to MyDigitalSSSD.

jhawk

How was the backup made?

I have an old dd backup but the latest is Mac backup TimeMachine.

jhawk

I have an old dd backup but the latest is Mac backup TimeMachine.

jhawk

I'm not sure about whether TM backups have version dependencies wrt the TM restorer.

How much space is left on the 256gb ssd after installing windows 10 and mac osx?

How much space is left on the 256gb ssd after installing windows 10 and mac osx?

Each is installed to their own partition, so each will have its own "space left". Free space for other partitions depends on how large you make each Windows/OSX partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back