Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS X has special support for the keyboard backlight, although it doesn't seem to be in a separate driver like internal screen backlight. It is probably buried inside the keyboard driver.

I'm surprised there is no keyboard backlight on this Ultra... makes it a no-go for me. I guess they had to cut costs somewhere.

I've never had keyboard backlight so I didn't miss it until I worked on a MacBookPro(older) but it sure is nice..

jhawk

Sarge999,

Did Lid Sleep patch solve your issue?

jhawk

Everything appears to be working just fine now. Thanks for all the effort. I'll test some more today and let you know if that changes. The only rub now is that messages don't sync completely. It seems like a crapshoot as to whether a message sent or received on my phone will show up in messages on my ux305. Are you having this issue?

I also am using a jet drive and after wake it always tells me the jetdrive did not eject properly. But otherwise it seems fully functional.

sarge999,

The drive issue is probably tied to the usb work around where it is reinitialized rather than restored. Last time you had issues with ProductName, check to see if subtle changes in config.plist.

jhawk

Hi guys,
I'm considering buy a light laptop with good battery for travel. I'm seeing this UX305, XPS 13 or the MBA.
I've read the first 10 pages of this thread but I don't have the time to read all 52 :(

Can you say me if it's possible install Yosemite on the UX305 and if it's not what don't work?
P.S. I have just installed hackintosh many times but only the desktop version.

Thank you very much for your help,
Franz

Everything works for me other than messages, which only syncs about half the time. You do need a new wifi card though.

Very. Just remove the bottom cover, swap the cards out, reattach the antennas and replace the cover.

Awesome! Thank you very much!
I think I'll buy it :)

Just a few questions:
What model of Wi-Fi card should I buy?
The battery life is similar to Windows or is worse? I read that this Asus can reach 7 or more hours for Wi-Fi surfing, that is very good for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back