Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not, i was using my Samsung Galaxy S6 tethered for wifi, but i see now that i will have to wait for my DW-1560 to come in, i will test this on a future date then.

thanks rehabman

Just a heads up, I did all prep work ahead of time, installed kext etc so when I rebooted post install it all just worked. I didn't wish to wait "Instant Gratification"

jhawk

mmelo1986,

The answer to the question is none. FastLanePacakge has all patches on list installed already. Secondly, make sure you are using ACPI 5.0 in Preference and hit update button. Glad to see you got it up and running. Caveat, many people get caught by the difference between using a full set of DSDT/SSDT and simply an updated DSDT. Required changes to config.plist for both:

Full set dsdt/ssdt:

Root | Acpi | Ssdt | DropOem = YES

Just dsdt:

Root | Acpi | Ssdt | DropOem = NO

In regards to error that probably is a direct result of not using ref.txt and altered iasl command. I believe that is covered in Slow Lane documentation. You can also look around post 189 on this forum for some insight. Hint change this page url section "19.html"

Enjoy...

jhawk

Hey Jhawk, I was under the impression that if you pulled the DSDT/SSDT files using the clover F4 method it would not have any of the patches applied to the fastlane DSDT/SSDT?

Should i open the fastlane DSDT and compile it and use that for my EFI folder?

As far al the config.plist goes, i don't understand yet what and where i am supposed to edit. Am i supposed to do anything with any of the SSDT files?

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions. I feel like I'm making some progress though... i appreciate everyone's patience!

Hey Jhawk, I was under the impression that if you pulled the DSDT/SSDT files using the clover F4 method it would not have any of the patches applied to the fastlane DSDT/SSDT?

Clover F4 writes native/unpatched files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

As far al the config.plist goes, i don't understand yet what and where i am supposed to edit. Am i supposed to do anything with any of the SSDT files?

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions. I feel like I'm making some progress though... i appreciate everyone's patience!

You should be familiar with the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I can't agree or deny on the Clover F4 hmmm research time. RehabMan could clarify probably I simply use patchmatic or linux.
This might make sense for the error you encountered if it was in fact a clean version. One way to tell would be FileMerge comparison of disassembled DSDT from FastLanePackage (FLP) and F4 DSDT.dsl. They would be vastly different. A good experiment for me.

On the config.plist changes if you are only using and edited DSDT then the value needs to set to NO
However, if you are using DSDT and SSDT then the value needs to set to YES Since FastLanePackage uses DSDT and SSDT the value is YES. Example you put DSDT and SSDT in /EFI/CLOVER/Acpi/patched but fail to change DropOem from NO to Yes the system will fail to boot (hang).

The FastLanePackage contains all patches already but you could add additional patches as required.

FYI I tested after your last post the FastLanePackage DSDT and it compiled with no problem as expected but needed to be confirmed for my own peace of mind. Currently, I've added patch to FLP DSDT and seem to have working ALS. But this requires a non-cataract person/persons to make the call on brightness levels and testing before release to the wild

OK I've got a test to run.

Jhawk

Just a heads up, I did all prep work ahead of time, installed kext etc so when I rebooted post install it all just worked. I didn't wish to wait "Instant Gratification"

jhawk
I will do the same, I didn't even think about that, man you guys are pretty ahead of the game.

jhawk

Just curious i know about installing the kexts, thats easy, alot of these patches are for Brcm4260 which is not the card we have, do i do those steps anyways? or just the ones for the BCM94352? Also, as i used your config.plist from the fastlane package... how do i exactly go about patching my config.plist for the wifi/bt card the guide is very broad and a lot of it i can't follow because i don't have experience with the patching software.

Just curious i know about installing the kexts, thats easy, alot of these patches are for Brcm4260 which is not the card we have, do i do those steps anyways? or just the ones for the BCM94352? Also, as i used your config.plist from the fastlane package... how do i exactly go about patching my config.plist for the wifi/bt card the guide is very broad and a lot of it i can't follow because i don't have experience with the patching software.

Since I lack an "AC" router I just installed the kext's. I have 2.4 mhz and 5 mhz but not AC speed only "N". I'm a cheap old man.
If sarge999 pops in he might have configured for "AC"

FakePCIID.kext FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext BrcmPatchRAM.kext

jhawk

jhawk

Im finally understanding more. I was able to apply all of the patches from the Laptop DSDT guide. Compiled it without any errors! I have looked for the dropoem line in the config.plist but i dont know what to change it to. I know its supposed to say YES but i dont nkow where to put that. I saved my newly compiled dsdt to my acpi/patched folder and now it hangs while booting. Can you help me understand how to patch my config.plist so that it doesnt?

Thanks,

Since I lack an "AC" router I just installed the kext's. I have 2.4 mhz and 5 mhz but not AC speed only "N". I'm a cheap old man.
If sarge999 pops in he might have configured for "AC"

FakePCIID.kext FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext BrcmPatchRAM.kext

jhawk
i do indeed have an AC router, not so sure about those AC speeds however, does bluetooth handoff work with just the kexts installed? If not i do indeed need to learn about patching the config.plist

jhawk

Im finally understanding more. I was able to apply all of the patches from the Laptop DSDT guide. Compiled it without any errors! I have looked for the dropoem line in the config.plist but i dont know what to change it to. I know its supposed to say YES but i dont nkow where to put that. I saved my newly compiled dsdt to my acpi/patched folder and now it hangs while booting. Can you help me understand how to patch my config.plist so that it doesnt?

Thanks,

Since you installed the FastLanePackage it is already set up as Yes unless you changed it. I would recommend you install xcode free from app store and when you double click on config.plist it will open it up. Then simply go to Root | ACPI | SSDT | DropOem on the right side you will see two arrows click one, your options Yes No select one.

The real question is why it didn't boot if you haven't changed anything. It is real easy to forget to apply a patch since you are concentrating on "Patches Changes Rejects" trust me i've done it. Secondly, did you patch SSDT when you did (gpu) Rename GFX0 IGPU that would cause a failure, if you did not.

jhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back