Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to let you guys know that I tried connecting to the internet by tethering my OnePlus One to my UX305 via bluetooth and its working perfectly. I am waiting for my DW1560 to get here so in the meantime this is a great way to be able to connect to the internet. Hope this helps some of you!

it is expected to work as bluetooth is widely supported, waiting for ur DW1560 test ^^

RehabMan,

I feel like a yoyo! That should be it I hope.......
FYI It is easier to do it correct the first time! New logo for my coffee cup.

ref: mmelo1986
He requested we do a short video on MacIASL configuration and usage. Not a bad idea but I lack the ability to accommodate the request, no camera.

jhawk
Curious, does your Hackintosh connect to the app store and everything with your apple ID?

I am noticing mine does not, could have something to do with the funny Serial Number on it.

RehabMan,

I feel like a yoyo! That should be it I hope.......
FYI It is easier to do it correct the first time! New logo for my coffee cup.

ref: mmelo1986
He requested we do a short video on MacIASL configuration and usage. Not a bad idea but I lack the ability to accommodate the request, no camera.

jhawk
Curious, does your Hackintosh connect to the app store and everything with your apple ID?

I am noticing mine does not, could have something to do with the funny Serial Number on it. C02HACKUF5V7

Ok this is where i am at:

Extraced DSDT and SSDT files using Clover F4 method since i am using one of the DSDT files from fastlane. Copied all of the files that began with SSDT or DSDT to a folder on my desktop named origin. Then i extracted the .dsl files by using the aisle -da -dl *.aml method. Then i opened MaciASL and opened my DSDT.dsl file and tried to compile it without adding any patches. Immediately i got two errors:
Line 10866: Syntax Error: Unexpected '}'
Line 28038: Syntax Error: Unexpected $end pr...

I cannot read the rest of the message on the second error.

Can someone please tell me which patches i am supposed to apply?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 12.22.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 12.22.37 AM.png
    375.2 KB · Views: 85
mmelo1986,

The answer to the question is none. FastLanePacakge has all patches on list installed already. Secondly, make sure you are using ACPI 5.0 in Preference and hit update button. Glad to see you got it up and running. Caveat, many people get caught by the difference between using a full set of DSDT/SSDT and simply an updated DSDT. Required changes to config.plist for both:

Full set dsdt/ssdt:

Root | Acpi | Ssdt | DropOem = YES

Just dsdt:

Root | Acpi | Ssdt | DropOem = NO

In regards to error that probably is a direct result of not using ref.txt and altered iasl command. I believe that is covered in Slow Lane documentation. You can also look around post 189 on this forum for some insight. Hint change this page url section "19.html"

Enjoy...

jhawk

I am noticing mine does not, could have something to do with the funny Serial Number on it. C02HACKUF5V7

Take a look at Guides | Fix iMesssage for assistance....

jhawk

Take a look at Guides | Fix iMesssage for assistance....

jhawk

I see, this is going to be no fun...
I have a real Macbook Pro MLB Number, unfortunately no real ROM though, guess i'll have to try and make a unique one of my own, any recommendations from anyone who made their own custom one? The information on 17 digit MLB numbers is still sketchy, at least according the guide it is.

If i can dig the ROM off the old hard drive somehow, telling me a way to do that would be much appreciated, it would expedite this whole process :)

Do you have working built-in Ethernet at 'en0'? Or supported PCIe WiFi at 'en0' One or the other is required for Mac App Store access.

Ok this is where i am at:

Extraced DSDT and SSDT files using Clover F4 method since i am using one of the DSDT files from fastlane. Copied all of the files that began with SSDT or DSDT to a folder on my desktop named origin. Then i extracted the .dsl files by using the aisle -da -dl *.aml method. Then i opened MaciASL and opened my DSDT.dsl file and tried to compile it without adding any patches. Immediately i got two errors:
Line 10866: Syntax Error: Unexpected '}'
Line 28038: Syntax Error: Unexpected $end pr...

I cannot read the rest of the message on the second error.

Can someone please tell me which patches i am supposed to apply?

Thanks,

The patches required are detailed in this thread.

Do you have working built-in Ethernet at 'en0'? Or supported PCIe WiFi at 'en0' One or the other is required for Mac App Store access.

I do not, i was using my Samsung Galaxy S6 tethered for wifi, but i see now that i will have to wait for my DW-1560 to come in, i will test this on a future date then.

thanks rehabman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back