Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone else getting the bluetooth assistant trying to find a keyboard because it doesn't detect the one from the laptop? My keyboard actually functions perfectly fine, but OSX seems to want to find a bluetooth one regardless.

SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced. Uncheck the boxes.

This is really common, and a question asked several times a week.

I've added it to the FAQ.

victor123ong,

When you say "Brightness" that is a broad term:

Is ALS Ambient Light Sensing working?
Are Function Keys working without AsusNBFnKeys ?
Or are you saying this supersedes the need for ACPIBacklight.kext ?

BTW Cool patch VoodoHDA
FYI: added it to install guide in post #4

jhawk

Thanks, i get it, is patched voodooHDA work for you?

Did Victor123ong's sound patch work for anyone?

I removed the old Voodoo kext and installed the new one, but it doesn't work. I may not be aware of additional steps required.

it should work if u have repair your cache permission

Thanks, i get it, is patched voodooHDA work for you?
So what does the patch you listed do? and how do i go about finding it :)

if it does all that Jhawk asked, i am very interested.

victor123ong,

Peered on your FB i see you got full QECI working on your UX305 aswell, what all do you have working/not working on your Zenbook? unsure if Jhawk's guide has full QECI working or not.

victo123ong,

Yes the patch works fine plug in headphones no need to swap output, unplug back to speakers. Like I said cool patch! Operator error could be a factor. Pop that puppy into Kext Utility and boot no-cache.

jhawk

victor123ong,

Peered on your FB i see you got full QECI working on your UX305 aswell, what all do you have working/not working on your Zenbook? unsure if Jhawk's guide has full QECI working or not.

The answer is yes.

jhawk

The answer is yes.

jhawk
Then his patch for Brightness isn't needed i take it?

im going to build my maciasl and do the fnkey patch soon, just have to get around to it.

Then his patch for Brightness isn't needed i take it?

im going to build my maciasl and do the fnkey patch soon, just have to get around to it.

Slow down! ALL PATCHES ON LIST ARE APPLIED IN FASTLANEPACKAGE it was all done for you.

However, It is a good learning experience to build your own DSDT/SSDT but currently your config.plist requires DSDT/SSDT.

jhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back