Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mouse and keyboard seem wonky after waking from sleep.

Sleep seems to work fine. The mouse on/off and volume keys work, The the fn+f7 key causes a reboot, and I don't have a brightness slider so the brightness keys don't work but everything else seems ok including facetime and imessage.

OK fn f7 should only turn of display on UX305 hdmi should remain on. You do have the patch for post sleep usb. If you do Fn+F2 are radios turned off (no wifi no bluetoorh), Fn+F1 put it in sleep mode?

Cheat sheet Function Keys:
F1 Sleep
F2 Airplane Mode
F3 Does Mac OSX function(Misson control/Dashboard)
F4 Does Mac OSX function(Launchpad/Desktop)
F5 Brightness Down
F6 Brightness Up
F7 Screen Backlight On/Off (Soft mode)
F8 Video Mirror
F9 Touchpad (only with my Elan Touchpad driver)
F10 Mute
F11 Volume Down
F12 Volume Up

C - Rewind
V - Fast
Asus Instant Key - Does Mac OSX function(Launchpad)
Space - Play/Pause
Left Arrow - Previous
Down Arrow - Play/Pause
Right Arrow - Next
Up Arrow - Toggles Media Functions Fast/Rewind and Prev/Next between C,V & Left, Right Arrows and
Toggles OSX Functions for F3, F4
Toggles Finer and Normal Brightness, Volume control

I assume you did not use FastLanePackage, a full list of patches is contained in [Guide] Asus Zenbook UX305FA Using Clover UEFI if you need them.

Note: Save the information in config.plist smbios it needs to match if you make changes since you are already signed in to Apple.

jhawk

OK fn f7 should only turn of display on UX305 hdmi should remain on. You do have the patch for post sleep usb. If you do Fn+F2 are radios turned off (no wifi no bluetoorh), Fn+F1 put it in sleep mode?

Cheat sheet Function Keys:
F1 Sleep
F2 Airplane Mode
F3 Does Mac OSX function(Misson control/Dashboard)
F4 Does Mac OSX function(Launchpad/Desktop)
F5 Brightness Down
F6 Brightness Up
F7 Screen Backlight On/Off (Soft mode)
F8 Video Mirror
F9 Touchpad (only with my Elan Touchpad driver)
F10 Mute
F11 Volume Down
F12 Volume Up

C - Rewind
V - Fast
Asus Instant Key - Does Mac OSX function(Launchpad)
Space - Play/Pause
Left Arrow - Previous
Down Arrow - Play/Pause
Right Arrow - Next
Up Arrow - Toggles Media Functions Fast/Rewind and Prev/Next between C,V & Left, Right Arrows and
Toggles OSX Functions for F3, F4
Toggles Finer and Normal Brightness, Volume control

I assume you did not use FastLanePackage, a full list of patches is contained in [Guide] Asus Zenbook UX305FA Using Clover UEFI if you need them.

Note: Save the information in config.plist smbios it needs to match if you make changes since you are already signed in to Apple.

jhawk

Thanks, that helped. My computer would not boot in the fast lane so I did the slow lane.
The patches below caused errors so I left them out.
HPET Fix
Brightness_haswell
Asus_N55SL/VivoBook
I used the [igpu] Brightness fix instead of the haswell brightness.

The only function key that is not working is f2 but I am not to bothered by that. It did sleep and wake fine.

Thanks, that helped. My computer would not boot in the fast lane so I did the slow lane.
The patches below caused errors so I left them out.
HPET Fix
Brightness_haswell
Asus_N55SL/VivoBook
I used the [igpu] Brightness fix instead of the haswell brightness.

The only function key that is not working is f2 but I am not to bothered by that. It did sleep and wake fine.

You probably disassembled the files incorrectly.

Refer to guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I ran the following commands to extract and disassemble the files

Code:
mkdir ~/Desktop/extract
cd ~/Desktop/extract
patchmatic -extract
iasl -da -dl *.aml
mkdir dsl
mv *.dsl dsl
I have attached the files. I also tried using the files from the origin folder in clover, but I could not get those ones to compile at all.

Attachments

• extract2.zip
    162.3 KB · Views: 60
I ran the following commands to extract and disassemble the files

Code:
mkdir ~/Desktop/extract
cd ~/Desktop/extract
patchmatic -extract
iasl -da -dl *.aml
mkdir dsl
mv *.dsl dsl
I have attached the files. I also tried using the files from the origin folder in clover, but I could not get those ones to compile at all.

Post files from Clover F4 (ACPI/origin).

Note: Looking at your files in 'dsl', you neglected to use refs.txt 'iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml'

Yes, thanks. I did neglect the refs.txt. I have attached the files from the clover origin

Attachments

• origin.zip
    61.8 KB · Views: 61
Yes, thanks. I did neglect the refs.txt. I have attached the files from the clover origin

No unexpected problems compiling your origin files after proper disassembly and editing...

Thanks, I will try it again when I get back.

is anyone else getting the bluetooth assistant trying to find a keyboard because it doesn't detect the one from the laptop? My keyboard actually functions perfectly fine, but OSX seems to want to find a bluetooth one regardless.

EDIT: nevermind Rehabman has helped me with this issue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back