Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already done round one and most of round two. Round three is the one that throws me for a loop. I'll take a crack at it soon, but can you tell me what declaring externals is so I have an understanding of what I am trying to do? Also, do I need to manually change the GFX0 or is there a patch that does it automatically?

TIA!

It sounds worse than it is. It simply requires a little concentration as you go. Follow post 189.
The first thing you do is create ref.txt (externals) from the info provided by RehabMan.
The second thing you do is extract a set with an altered iasl command he gives you in post.
This once edited as he notes in post becomes the base set. patch (syn)rename_GFX0_IGPU
This patch should be applied to all files DSDT/SSDT to ensure that the name change has been
completed on all files. Or you will hang as you have seen always same spot mismatch hangs it.

The good news, once you have this done only two steps left for a victory lap. You will need to
patch DSDT to fix Brightness function keys (quick), secondly, use the config.plist I just uploaded
pay attention to kexts to patch Enable USB3 post wake. (solves wake problem). BrignewwKeys
patch cut and paste into patch window then apply (i.e. not in list, so paste it)

It will go easier if you print post 189 and use as check list.

You asked what externals are, external declaration of methods or variables for use by current context.
Ex I tell you where to find something rather than provide you with it in hand.

Good Luck.....

jhawk

Urgent: See post 255

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 123
  • BrightnessKeys_Patch.txt
    616 bytes · Views: 131
sarge999

Now that you are at the end if you are like me you need NTFS read/write. Here is a link to assist you.

Moderator if this violates policy please delete. Approved vs Disapproved?
Enable NTFS write video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-2NCRcylK0

jhawk

Cool that clears my list with the exception of "Auto Brightness" and that is on hold and one suggestion form RehabMan to switch over to patched AppleHDA. I would like to thank the many people that assisted in getting this done, tahyti705 first person to get it running, sarge999 first set of config files and lastly RehabMan without whom I would be out in the woods beating my head on a tree.

Thank You one and all.

jhawk

It sounds like you have cleared up most of the issues? Does there remain any unresolved issue(s) and is there any chance that you could create a how-to doc for those starting out on the same journey like myself? :D:clap::D:clap:

sarge999,

I laying here an my mind is rolling along on the events of the last couple of days and suddenly I realize I loaded you.Sorry, but I failed to mention a config.plist required change to use the DSDT/SSDT package, Root | ACPI | SSDT | Drop Oem = yes. If you don't make the change it would hang like it did, damn why in hell do I think of this in the middle of the night.

The new config.plist I uploaded has this fix in it, Sorry I didn't think of it earlier....

jhawk

patersykim,

Yes, In the not to distant future I will create something along those lines......

Just so we are all on the same page this would be for Asus UX305FA Core M 8GB mem. 256GB ssd 1920x1080 display. I purchased mine from Microsoft Store on sale for $599.00 no bloat ware version. It might be applicable to other models, but that would be up to the end user to decide not myself. The tasks seem daunting at first but as you move along the path, enlightenment kicks in and it all comes together for you. A true learning experience.

I believe that RehabMan suggestion of patched AppleHDA vs VoodoHDA is a good one so I will schedule that ASAP.

jhawk

jhawk,

Yup, that's the version that I purchased as well, and it would be very helpful to have a guide even if it's just a list of links to other posts so that we can see at a glance how you addressed each issue, step by step. I am sure that it will become a very popular post considering that ux305fa is quite the popular model, from what my friend in retail tells me.

Jhawk - I just used your files and rebooted and so far it seems like everything is working. I'll test more this afternoon and let you know if that changes. Thanks to everyone for all their work. I also have the exact same model as you, but with an aftermarket card. :)

sarge999,
Sleep should be working unless you have a card issue, I just close the lid and open same. I've finally found a way to tame my Elan TouchPad in OS X.! A few Notes you might like, Function key Map.

F1 Sleep
F2 Airplane Mode
F3 Does Mac OSX function(Misson control/Dashboard)
F4 Does Mac OSX function(Launchpad/Desktop)
F5 Brightness Down
F6 Brightness Up
F7 Screen Backlight On/Off (Soft mode)
F8 Video Mirror
F9 Touchpad (only with my Elan Touchpad driver)
F10 Mute
F11 Volume Down
F12 Volume Up
C - Rewind
V - Fast
Asus Instant Key - Does Mac OSX function(Launchpad)
Space - Play/Pause
Left Arrow - Previous
Down Arrow - Play/Pause
Right Arrow - Next
Up Arrow - Toggles Media Functions Fast/Rewind and Prev/Next between C,V & Left, Right Arrows and
Toggles OSX Functions for F3, F4
Toggles Finer and Normal Brightness, Volume control

Sorry about forgetting to tell about change to confiig.plist!

jhawk

petersykim,

If you are ready to install first step is to follow: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html to build install disk. Then we can do a fast lane or slow lane from there. The nature of the beast is you will install more than once altering to match personal needs. I used an external ssd for my test phase, external usb will work also but lacks speed.

NOTE: Always back up system prior to starting a project such as this. Clonezilla or a simple dd backup will do the trick.

jhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back