CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well I tried both unibeast and clover install, following Rehabman's Guide but on both install the whole thing reboot before I get to Mac Os screen. Im using 10.10.3

With Chimera I was seeing like 10 page of kekts loading before it rebooted, without any message or freez.

With Clover, if I dont use verbose it reboot in about 20 seconds... when Im on verbose it stay stuck very fast, loading "AHCI" something... I couldn't take picture unfornutly... gonna try to make some later.

Make sure your Clover configuration is correct for your hardware.

I tried to enable Cuz I think it might be the problem? Without luck tho.
Im using config_HD5xxx.plist renamed as should be, maybe i should try another one?
Ive also seen a freez about OsxAptioFixDrv but i think it came from vt-d being enabled (which i removed then).

You should do some research on current progress with Broadwell... Use search.

For example: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/161591-intel-hd-graphics-5500-need-some-help.html

Motherboard
Z97MX-Gaming-5
CPU
I7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Has anyone made any headway with this model? I bought one and have been playing around with various flavors of linux on it. Great little machine, but would be even better running osx!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Do you have a Linux functioning perfectly? Meaning very little tweaking after install? Or did you freak the tweak? I'm tempted to rebuy this unit once I'm sold Linux rocks on this.

Which Linux works for you?

Motherboard
Z97MX-Gaming-5
CPU
I7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Ubuntu 15.04 installs and runs flawlessly. Deepin linux did as well. The new elementary os freya 0.3 didn't handle graphics well. However, upgrading the kernel to 4.0 cured the problems, but also broke wifi. Installing firmware from intel cured that and it now appears to be working flawlessly as well. The other distros I played around with wouldn't install without playing around with the BIOS settings first. (usually requiring that secure boot be turned off and csm turned on)

Motherboard
Z97M-Plus, UX305
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just got my ux305 in the mail today. I'll be making a clover usb here shortly and see if this thing hackintoshes.

Will

Motherboard
Asus Ux305 (Clover)
CPU
Intel Broadwell M 5Y10 / UX305FA
Graphics
intel HD 5300 / 1920x1080
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Linux do rocks on it, I have encountered problems here and there, it depend on the distro... I use 14.10 Gnome which works great.

A few tips for linux : Turn off secure and fast boot from bios.
Install Intel Graphics for linux to update the drivers. (solved some fonts errors here).
Firefox has a weird resolution by default, to correct this, type about:config then look for "layout.css.devPixelsPerPx" and change it from -1 to something like 1.35 or whatever works for you.
VLC : with the new drivers, uncheck accelerated video (overlay)
Install xbacklight, and install and configure xbindkeys / xbindkeys-config for brightness control.

It's even sleeker than Macos if you ask me :mrgreen:
screenshot-from-2015-04-17-15-08-17_1.png

Back to hackintoshing... I'm new to this but I tried all the bootloader out there, i followed religiously the guide here, but I never could get to the install screen... If anyone get that far, please share your magic!
But reading posts here and there, it seams no-one ever managed to do it on broadwell...yet.

Motherboard
Z97M-Plus, UX305
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Well, I'm not sure what to make of it. Made the clover usb and booted clover and when I pick install osx, I get a load screen then it reboots into windows. Tried verbose and this is what it came up with.

Attachments

• IMG_20150418_115804.jpg
    IMG_20150418_115804.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20150418_121033.jpg
    IMG_20150418_121033.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 286
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
tahyti705

I'd like to speak to you offline of this board to further discuss Linux and such. If the MODs don't mind. And presuming there's a way to do this via internal board mail (?). (There is -- if you turn on your inbox.)

By the by, you've just got to see how the new Kubuntu Vivid FLIES in VirtualBox. I can watch a 1080p vid in Kubuntu Vivid Beta (Firefox) no problemo. In Freya and Ubuntu, not so much.

It's AMAZING. Added Docky to give it a Mac-ky feel. Which I can you're into. lol

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, I'm not sure what to make of it. Made the clover usb and booted clover and when I pick install osx, I get a load screen then it reboots into windows. Tried verbose and this is what it came up with.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.