Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
@themaskofwraith, thanks for trying all this out! I just ordered the zenbook and this will be my first time trying to hackintosh a laptop. I'm looking forward to it!

Couple quick questions:
  1. What advantages are there to installing Yosemite as a bootable OS vs running it off of a virtual machine?
  2. Did you install Yosemite 10.10.2? Was the lack of Broadwell support an issue?
  3. Where did you purchase your BCM94352Z from? I'm having trouble finding online retailers...

Thanks for all the help and being the first person to go through this!

@themaskofwraith, thanks for trying all this out! I just ordered the zenbook and this will be my first time trying to hackintosh a laptop. I'm looking forward to it!

Couple quick questions:
  1. What advantages are there to installing Yosemite as a bootable OS vs running it off of a virtual machine?
  2. Did you install Yosemite 10.10.2? Was the lack of Broadwell support an issue?
  3. Where did you purchase your BCM94352Z from? I'm having trouble finding online retailers...

Thanks for all the help and being the first person to go through this!

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I had to return my ZenBook. Which is ironic since I started this thread. The unit was perfectly fine -- probably the PC laptop I've ever touched.

I'll be keenly watching and awaiting to see some success with this unit. Including a YouTube post maybe.

Best of Luck, Newbie1TonyMomo!

:headbang:

[UPDATE] when duel booting windows and mac you need to turn off the computer completely , NOT Restart. Now the card works perfectly fine.

Hi i did the notch cutting for BCM94352Z. the card works fine in win8 WIFI + BT

But in mac i can't turn on wifi, but BT works fine.

These are the kexts i installed on Fresh 10.10 installation.

1)FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext
2)FakePCIID.kext
3)BrcmPatchRAM.kext

Should i install Brcm4360 also? and i can't find that kext anywhere

Topsycretss-MBP:~ topsycrets$ system_profiler SPAirPortDataType
Wi-Fi:

Software Versions:
CoreWLAN: 5.0 (500.35.2)
CoreWLANKit: 4.1 (410.37)
Menu Extra: 10.0 (1000.33.2)
System Information: 9.0 (900.9)
IO80211 Family: 7.1 (710.55)
Diagnostics: 4.1 (410.69)
AirPort Utility: 6.3.4 (634.17)
Interfaces:
en1:
Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x6626)
Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.15.159.13.12)
MAC Address: 24:fd:52:b6:9f:e6
Locale: FCC
Country Code: US
Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140, 144, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
Wake On Wireless: Supported
AirDrop: Supported

Did you get it working afterwards? Which parts of hackintosh are not working on this ultrabook? I want to buy one, so if almost everything works im going to buy it.

I d like to know as well if anyone managed to get it working...

Im using one right now, and I could only get it to load to the apple logo, wouldnt load any installer whatsoever.

I think we need 10.10.3 to be officially out, in order to have the .iso
I suspect 10.10.2 to not be ready for Core M.

I'll try again when i'll manage to get it.

Other than that, it's a pretty great lil laptop. Dual booting windows 10 and Ubuntu Gnome like a champ :thumbup:

Ubuntu is even sleekier than Mac os imo, but I wouldnt mind mac os for Final cut.

Apparently @themaskofwraith has it working, but the wifi is an issue. I think there will be more support as the new Macbook is released in 4 days. I do not know whether the new macbook has the same wifi card, in that case everything should work out of the box.

I picked up one of the UX305F models a few weeks back and just managed to score a Broadcom BCM94352Z card to replace the Intel 7265 Wireless-N card it came with. I tried booting the latest Unibeast with 10.10.3 from USB today and got an immediate reboot on the initial gray Apple screen. Are there any settings in UEFI/BIOS that need changed or did anyone have to use a kernel patch?

I picked up one of the UX305F models a few weeks back and just managed to score a Broadcom BCM94352Z card to replace the Intel 7265 Wireless-N card it came with. I tried booting the latest Unibeast with 10.10.3 from USB today and got an immediate reboot on the initial gray Apple screen. Are there any settings in UEFI/BIOS that need changed or did anyone have to use a kernel patch?

I think you have to use clover, but dont quote me on it.
Heres the guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Well I tried both unibeast and clover install, following Rehabman's Guide but on both install the whole thing reboot before I get to Mac Os screen. Im using 10.10.3

With Chimera I was seeing like 10 page of kekts loading before it rebooted, without any message or freez.

With Clover, if I dont use verbose it reboot in about 20 seconds... when Im on verbose it stay stuck very fast, loading "AHCI" something... I couldn't take picture unfornutly... gonna try to make some later.

I tried to enable
- automatic patching for common kernel problems (XCPM, "Local APIC")
Cuz I think it might be the problem? Without luck tho.
Im using config_HD5xxx.plist renamed as should be, maybe i should try another one?
Ive also seen a freez about OsxAptioFixDrv but i think it came from vt-d being enabled (which i removed then).

If anyone managed to install macos on this laptop Id love to know how you did it : macos version / bootloader etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back