Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
victo123ong,

Yes the patch works fine plug in headphones no need to swap output, unplug back to speakers. Like I said cool patch! Operator error could be a factor. Pop that puppy into Kext Utility and boot no-cache.

jhawk

hihi, as the laptop is not my laptop (I just have it for only 2 days), that's i didn't have time to extract useful information to making applehda
if u don't mind, can u extract codec 0 to me?

extract codec 0 and output all the get dump output by voodooHDA
i forgot to take a copy from my frz laptop...

for ur information
1.)codec0 is extracted through following process
-boot into ubuntu
-dirctory: proc/asound/ sth here got card 0 card 1, and the next directory have all useful codec data
-send the data here or send to my Facebook

2.)Getdump
-install voodoohda standalone package version
-run usr/local/bin/getdump
-print all the output and send to my Facebook or here

I will trying to patch a dummyHDA ....(means that u can update it the original appleHDA without reinstall applehda kext

No unexpected problems compiling your origin files after proper disassembly and editing...

I got it compiled. I just needed to follow the guide a little more closely.

Could someone please post a video from start to finish. I have been trying to figure out how to do my dsdt for 3 days now and cannot seem to get it to work. I have read all of the guides several times but they are really complicated. I, and i think others would definitely benefit from seeing how someone got their UX305 up and running from start to finish.

Thanks for all that you guys have done!

Could someone please post a video from start to finish. I have been trying to figure out how to do my dsdt for 3 days now and cannot seem to get it to work. I have read all of the guides several times but they are really complicated. I, and i think others would definitely benefit from seeing how someone got their UX305 up and running from start to finish.

Thanks for all that you guys have done!
The pdf http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...using-clover-uefi-install_asus_ux305fa-06.pdf In slow Lane shows you how to setup MacIASL thats the biggest hurdle getting it setup correctly. Take a look if you still have problems just ask for help. Don't get exasperated the first steps seem huge but then it clicks and the remaining time seems simple.

jhawk

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I will keep trying but the language on the guide as for how to compile dsdt is hard to interpret for me. I have downloaded the MaciASL from rehab's link and I have copied both iasl and patchmatic to /usr/local/bin and the commands do not work. i really think a video would be extremely helpful but I know its time consuming and everyone has things to do.

Also, for the trackpad, can you guys scroll in webpages using two fingers? Can you scroll to different desktops using four fingers?

I haven't been doing any hackintoshing for a few years but i really liked this laptop and missed the excitement of tinkering and getting things to work!

Lastly, I do not want to sound ungrateful! The guide has been extremely helpful and im so thankful rehabman took the time to put it together. I just cannot seem to figure out how to do my dsdt.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I will keep trying but the language on the guide as for how to compile dsdt is hard to interpret for me. I have downloaded the MaciASL from rehab's link and I have copied both iasl and patchmatic to /usr/local/bin and the commands do not work. i really think a video would be extremely helpful but I know its time consuming and everyone has things to do.

Also, for the trackpad, can you guys scroll in webpages using two fingers? Can you scroll to different desktops using four fingers?

I haven't been doing any hackintoshing for a few years but i really liked this laptop and missed the excitement of tinkering and getting things to work!

Lastly, I do not want to sound ungrateful! The guide has been extremely helpful and im so thankful rehabman took the time to put it together. I just cannot seem to figure out how to do my dsdt.

First item did you copy with "sudo" example "sudo cp iasl /usr/local/bin and same with patchmatic" you must be in directory that contains the file.

In terminal type "iasl" should respond with list of available options. Patchmatic likewise (lowercase P)

If they fail in terminal "ls /usr/local/bin" and make sure they were copied correctly, If not probably a typo you can alternately use /usr/bin rather than /usr/local/bin.

Second item, oddity in kext requires that you change scrolling speed at least once for it to work. Why? SysPref | Touchpad

jhawk

victor123ong,

As requested:
Revised

jhawk

Attachments

• codec0-card0.tar.gz
    1.9 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back