Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I used another ASUS laptop guide and suggested build of clover, BIOS settings and Clover folder attached. Tried many other ways of just getting to the installer and the current attached clover works for the installation, apart from it's for a maxed out version of my laptop. The problem is that when I reboot after the installation (tried HFS and APFS) and I still can't see the installation partition to boot from, only the recovery partition from both the USB clover/High Sierra installer and the recovery partition from the SSD where High Sierra appears to install with no issues ... Installation followed by a reboot ...

I also tried to update Clover to see if the issue would be resolved, but that ends up in an un-bootable system with ACPI hang ...

Would be grateful for a little help to get this laptop working :)

I also tried a default Clover set up to get to High Sierra, this always results in a memory error ... No boot ...

Attachments

• Asus Clover.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 296
Hi all,

I used another ASUS laptop guide and suggested build of clover, BIOS settings and Clover folder attached. Tried many other ways of just getting to the installer and the current attached clover works for the installation, apart from it's for a maxed out version of my laptop. The problem is that when I reboot after the installation (tried HFS and APFS) and I still can't see the installation partition to boot from, only the recovery partition from both the USB clover/High Sierra installer and the recovery partition from the SSD where High Sierra appears to install with no issues ... Installation followed by a reboot ...

I also tried to update Clover to see if the issue would be resolved, but that ends up in an un-bootable system with ACPI hang ...

I also tried a default Clover set up to get to High Sierra, this always results in a memory error ... No boot ...
probably need apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI folder

Hi Feartech, thanks for chiming in ... I also tried apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI folder ... same deal ... I'll try just getting to the installer and just format the SSD again and see if I can see the empty drive ... I had a thought that maybe although the OSX Sierra installer looks like it's completing, it's actually not ...

Hi all,

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
Also, patched ACPI not needed to reach the installer.

Guten Abend Freunden!

Thanks for the advice again Rehabman :)

In the end, I removed everything from the "patched" Clover folder, and then I could boot with no issues (learning process happening here). The only issue I had was that I thought that OSX Sierra was installing completely, it looked like it was, but then I had the same issue when rebooting, Clover showed no OSX installation whatsoever, just the rescue partition. I ran the install from the recovery partition, which needed no interaction whatsoever, and all was good, not 7 minutes to a completed installation, but 12 minutes or so. Once the reboot was complete, I then updated Clover to the latest Rehabman version. On the next reboot, the OSX partition and Recovery partition are recognised with no issues. I've recorded all the steps thus far to help others out with an installation on this model of Asus laptop, and once working, I will post the method to get a flawless installation. I do understand that I need to generate all Clover patches and I will do so, since my hardware differs slightly from what was available originally and it obviously won't work 100% with my model of Asus laptop ...

What is currently working:

Booting to MacOs Sierra
QE/CI video
USB 3.0 (all)
Trackpad with gestures (only if you boot with the Trackpad Preference Pane already launched)
Battery
Bluetooth (I don't have the recommended replacement hardware, using a Wifi dongle, but Bluetooth works nonetheless)
HDMI video and correct aspect ratio when used as a secondary monitor (no audio ... but I understand I need to research this quite some more ... Currently using VoodooHda just to get some sound until I fix it)

Not working:

Audio without VoodooHDA
Wifi without dongle (need to purchase the hardware)
HDMI audio (as previously mentioned ... Need to generate SSDT and DVMT for this laptop)
Occasional battery issues where the image for the battery turns red and then states that the Hackbook Pro will sleep soon.
Trackpad pref pane borrowed from El Capitan (loses all setting on a reboot ... Just leave the pref pane open before you reboot and you only have to set gesture for right mouse click)

I have looked everywhere for what Audio Chipset is on this laptop and I can only find IceAudio drivers ... I know it's Alcatel hardware, but I have no idea which out of the many profiles that are available for patching audio ... Is there a Mac way of telling which audio chipset you actually have?

Anyway, as usual, I'd be more that grateful for any input whatsoever, this is way further than my Lenovo Y50-70, just a matter of audio has to work, since I'm a musician :) Have a charming evening folks!!!

Last edited:
I've attached a Clover folder to boot to the OSX Sierra for this particular model of laptop from a USB key installed in the way you would normally boot from a USB key as per Rehabman's instructions on this site. Just remember to rename ACPI/patched to ACPI/patched_old on your USB installer so that you can retain the folder's contents and use it when your installation is working (i.e. installation works and then you can reboot and then install Clover to your SSD). Create a new folder "patched" to replace the folder you renamed on your USB installer in the same location.

I installed Clover (Rehabman version from Github) to my SSD once the installation worked and then copied all contents from my USB key to my SSD (the whole Clover folder), although you will still be able to boot with probably wrong DSDT SSDT settings after you rename delete the "patched" folder in Clover and rename the "patched_old" folder in Clover to "patched". You will be able to boot and install. This will run through the install, and at the end you will have a recovery partition. The installation will more than likely fail and reboot. All you will need to do in this situation is to boot again from the USB installer and then choose the actual Recovery Partition (from HD or SSD) for the actual install. It's a bit of a misnomer, but it will work as it did for myself. Then you'll probably be stuck at the same position as myself, there's a bit more work to do, but it's quite minimal so far as I can see, stay tuned kids! This install is based on a totally tricked out ASUS UX303UB (another German model) ...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31 MB · Views: 398
More concise installation method happening once all works :)

After 3 weeks I now have Bluetooth and Wifi via DW1560 card (not the native card ... Ebay replacement ... European version and working fine on all channels) ... Only have to fix sound (using Voodoohda right now) out and HDMI sound out ... Work in Progress ... Once I've completed these steps then I'll add to the complete install method ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 20.49.25.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 20.49.25.png
    350 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:

Last edited:
Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
Also, patched ACPI not needed to reach the installer.

ACPI configuration is now working ... Wifi now working, Bluetooth working, graphics now working, and what I'd like to say to anybody following this guide so far, I have to patch battery and HDMI out ... What Rehabman and all moderators are teaching us all is to think for ourselves (do you require the answer on a plate????), why take on hacking up a laptop to be a Mac? Because through all the guides you read (read them, read them again, and then read them again), you're already gaining Terminal knowledge, how the actual system works at a lower level and a lot of skills you can carry forward in your day job / studies, and I'm primarily supporting cross Windows/Linux/Unix desktops and Servers in my day job and I've learned so much taking on this project to make this laptop mimic a Macbook ... Huge respect and kudos to the moderators of this community ... The main problem is that so many people are looking for easy methods to reach their goal, following a guide is easy, understanding the methods behind the goal is time well spent and I love a challenge ... I'll fix everything else myself with the knowledge as posted in guides ... Chances are, your hardware isn't going to be up and running in day, and if it is ... where's the challenge!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back