Contribute
Register

ASUS ZenBook 14 UX431FAC - Nice Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSDT-EC-USBX is not a battery patch, and yes i still have SSDT-EC-USBX

Ahhh, okay :oops:

But, even if I disable the battery patches, battery status does not show up, batteries aren't detected and that's the thing I want to see how to fix it up.

EDIT: More info
Captura de pantalla 2020-08-06 a las 11.31.14.png

It "detects" the battery but this is the only information shown up.

Last edited:

This laptop is quite hackintosheable. I purchased it without an OS, and it's pretty affordable. A great MBP alternative!

Specs:
  • Intel Core i5 10210U (HD630) - Comet Lake
  • 8 GB LPDDR3
  • Intel (Optane?) 512 GB SSD NVMe
  • 14" FHD
  • Ports: HDMI 1.4b, USB-C, USB 3, USB 2, SD, jack.
  • Backlight keyboard
  • Intel WiFi AX200 9462 2nd
What works: I think it's quicker to say what doesn't and what's untested. Yes WiFi works thanks to the itlwm project.

What doesn't work:
  • Speakers, although HDMI and jack earphones/headphones work.
  • Battery status. This is the major problem out there.
Untested/Unsure: SD (maybe won't work as usual), USB-C (at least it gives power).

Battery issue:

I tried my best to make a DSDT patch, a SSDT patch, etc... no luck so far. But now I know something:

Seriously, I got not only BAT0 but BAT1 and BAT2.

In fact, I tried to fuse them in a BATC following VirtualSMC's instructions (Docs) for dual battery. Still have problems.

And I get this on startup:

2020-08-05 08:13:02.909437+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) SMCBatteryManager bmgr: @ failed to find batteries or adapters!
2020-08-05 08:13:02.909446+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) SMCBatteryManager smcbus: @ BatteryManager probe failure

It's pretty obvious the main problem is that the battery is not detected.

Any clue on this?

---

Only essential EFI parts are attached (EFI/OC/{ACPI/,Kexts/,config.plist}). Use OpenCore 0.6.0 (drivers are not attached, easy to get the HFSPlus driver though).

Hi! I am looking to buy a not so expensive laptop so to some laptop hackintoshing, this one sounds promising!

But, which MACosx version did you install?

Hi! I am looking to buy a not so expensive laptop so to some laptop hackintoshing, this one sounds promising!

But, which MACosx version did you install?
Catalina 10.15.6, so far the only stable version that's compatible.

This laptop is quite hackintosheable. I purchased it without an OS, and it's pretty affordable. A great MBP alternative!

Specs:
  • Intel Core i5 10210U (HD630) - Comet Lake
  • 8 GB LPDDR3
  • Intel (Optane?) 512 GB SSD NVMe
  • 14" FHD
  • Ports: HDMI 1.4b, USB-C, USB 3, USB 2, SD, jack.
  • Backlight keyboard
  • Intel WiFi AX200 9462 2nd
What works: I think it's quicker to say what doesn't and what's untested. Yes WiFi works thanks to the itlwm project.

Partial work: Microphone AND speakers won't work at the same time. Speakers will work on layout 66 but microphone on layout 21. Maybe we need to union those layouts, it would work.

Untested/Unsure: SD (maybe won't work as usual), USB-C (at least it gives power).

Battery issue:

I tried my best to make a DSDT patch, a SSDT patch, etc... no luck so far. But now I know something:

Seriously, I got not only BAT0 but BAT1 and BAT2.

In fact, I tried to fuse them in a BATC following VirtualSMC's instructions (Docs) for dual battery. Still have problems.

And I get this on startup:

2020-08-05 08:13:02.909437+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) SMCBatteryManager bmgr: @ failed to find batteries or adapters!
2020-08-05 08:13:02.909446+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) SMCBatteryManager smcbus: @ BatteryManager probe failure

It's pretty obvious the main problem is that the battery is not detected.

Any clue on this?

SOLVED.
In fact, the problem was either 16-bit values and ADP1 that needed to be replaced in a SSDT because of _STA. I'M CRYING.
FINALLY! IT'S THE BEST HACKINTOSH EVER.

Here's a Gist with my patch :)
---

Reuploading EFI soon.
How is the battery life on this device? Thank you

Read 1st post, I finally managed to get battery readings to work!!!!

How is the battery life on this device? Thank you

Testing. On Linux I got around 6 hours with light working. On macOS it had got around 1 hour to go from 95% to 80%, expect around 4 or 5 hours... or 3 if you use things like Eclipse / IntelliJ IDEA, Docker, VMs and so, like I would do on another day.

So, quick reply: minimum of 3 hours, it could be 5 easily :)

Read 1st post, I finally managed to get battery readings to work!!!!

Testing. On Linux I got around 6 hours with light working. On macOS it had got around 1 hour to go from 95% to 80%, expect around 4 or 5 hours... or 3 if you use things like Eclipse / IntelliJ IDEA, Docker, VMs and so, like I would do on another day.

So, quick reply: minimum of 3 hours, it could be 5 easily :)
Oh wow, that's a pretty nice battery life for a hackintosh, thank you for sharing your experience with this laptop, presently I'm looking for a good hackintosh laptop build that would last a few years, with good battery. Good luck with your promising build.

Reuploading EFI soon.

Any chance to get your EFI? I own a similar ZenBook (UX434, Comet lake, Intel NVMe) but after hours of trying I didn't get managed to use the Intel NVMe. Either I get a KP from the NVMe module or (if I patch NVMe away) the system is booting to the graphics but no NVMe is displayed.

Any chance to get your EFI? I own a similar ZenBook (UX434, Comet lake, Intel NVMe) but after hours of trying I didn't get managed to use the Intel NVMe. Either I get a KP from the NVMe module or (if I patch NVMe away) the system is booting to the graphics but no NVMe is displayed.
My Intel NVMe works just fine. I have NvmExpressDxe.efi and NVMeFix.kext

Did you format it? You need to format it as APFS.

Also, here's ACPI folder, Kext folder, and config.plist without my own SMBIOS and so (i think the NvmExpressDxe.efi is in OpenCore's zip).

Attachments

• ACPI_KEXT_CONFIG.zip
    14.7 MB · Views: 307
Thank you very much. I will try it and inform you about the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back