Contribute
Register

Asus Zenbook 13 UX 333 F (Whiskey Lake) Compatibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those like me, who own a UX333F (without MX150), I created a SSDT-ALC294.aml. The internal soundcard there has a different ACPI-Path.
Allthough i fixed this, it's only working (just like the keyboard-backlight) when rebooting from Linux.
Hello MrMoe, can you share your EFI folder?
Like pizzleberry, I’ve managed to get Big Sur installed but I’m facing issues with keyboard touch mapping and backlight. It will be much appreciated if you share. Thks.

Hi guys,
For the sake of this very thread name, here are my achievements for this very laptop "UX333FA" :
- opencore 6.8 > done
- MacOS Big Sur > installed
- Trackpad > done > get to find to make it work in polling mode > laggy on CPU high usage
- screen backlight > done
- keyboard backlight > done
- keyboard mapping > done with Karabiner > get to find how to remap in a SSDT for full vanilla > need some help
- hibernation > done or sort of > installed MacOS on USB SSD drive > have to try on internal SSD for fully testing
- intel WiFi & BT > done with known limitations of the AirportItlwm.kext
- audio > almost done but such a PIA !!! > have to use AppleALC.kext (21) with SSDT-ALC294.aml & CodecCommander.kext > without this last audio appears in sound preferences but no sound output > get to handle how to get my headset mic to work > maybe built an pinout xml but I haven't found how to do > any help would be appreciate
- HDMI > done > video and audio output
- webcam > almost done > peripheral is recognized but black screen on FaceTime or Photo Booth or whatever > if someone has an idea
- smart card reader > almost done > peripheral is recognized but no sd card are mouting in the Finder > if someone has an idea

I hope I didn't forget anything else, ask me ;)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.1 MB · Views: 236
Hi guys,
For the sake of this very thread name, here are my achievements for this very laptop "UX333FA" :
- opencore 6.8 > done
- Trackpad > done > get to find to make it work in polling mode > laggy on CPU high usage
- keyboard mapping > done with Karabiner > get to find how to remap in a SSDT for full vanilla > need some help
- hibernation > done or sort of > installed MacOS on USB SSD drive > have to try on internal SSD for fully testing
- audio > almost done but such a PIA !!! > have to use AppleALC.kext (21) with SSDT-ALC294.aml & CodecCommander.kext > without this last audio appears in sound preferences but no sound output > get to handle how to get my headset mic to work > maybe built an pinout xml but I haven't found how to do > any help would be appreciate
- webcam > almost done > peripheral is recognized but black screen on FaceTime or Photo Booth or whatever > if someone has an idea
- smart card reader > almost done > peripheral is recognized but no sd card are mouting in the Finder > if someone has an idea

for your Asus keys, you need to do the renames in your config.plist that you have listed in the ssdt

ie _Q0D -> ZQ0D and do this for the rest of them

to find the values for renaming, in terminal:
Code:
echo -n _Q0D|xxd
that will be the find

and the replace:
Code:
echo -n ZQ0D|xxd

Hi guys,
- opencore 6.8 > done

If I download this efi file onto my USB, is that all I'll need to install mac os? I'm trying to do a clean wipe and go with big sur and your efi file.

Hi guys,
- opencore 6.8 > done

Could you reply to my question please?

Hi there.

Bear in mind the OP has not been back since the 26th April.

The OP also had problems which the other Moderstor was trying to assist with. He/She never came back to say if it worked or not.

So ... Why not just try it?

Creating a Hackintosh needs you to understand some basic concepts and a little learning-curve is a good thing. We have guides for laptops - see @Feartech 's Signature for a FAQ and Install Guide. :thumbup:

Hi there.

Bear in mind the OP has not been back since the 26th April.

The OP also had problems which the other Moderstor was trying to assist with. He/She never came back to say if it worked or not.

So ... Why not just try it?

Creating a Hackintosh needs you to understand some basic concepts and a little learning-curve is a good thing. We have guides for laptops - see @Feartech 's Signature for a FAQ and Install Guide. :thumbup:
I would say I definitely do have an understanding of those basic concepts. I've made several hackintoshes throughout the past 5 years.

I've been working a long time to get mac os working on my zenbook ux333fa. I have Catalina installed finally, but have been unable to get my trackpack or sound working for the past month, and op seems to have it working.

I was just confused that the EFI they provided wasn't able to boot me into an installer for Big Sur like they mentioned they were running their hackintosh on, and was hoping that they could clarify that for me.

I would say I definitely do have an understanding of those basic concepts. I've made several hackintoshes throughout the past 5 years.

Fair enough. My apologies.

Sorry for being late here.
I’ve tried to boot my EFI folder with a BigSur installation and no luck. I can not get my original EFI folder that I used to install BigSur. The one linked has been heavily tweaked to work with a running BigSur setup.
I’ll try to get some time to rebuild a clean EFI for installation.
Meanwhile, you can try to clean up all the custom parts of my config.plist as per dortania guide.

Sorry for being late here.
I’ve tried to boot my EFI folder with a BigSur installation and no luck. I can not get my original EFI folder that I used to install BigSur. The one linked has been heavily tweaked to work with a running BigSur setup.
I’ll try to get some time to rebuild a clean EFI for installation.
Meanwhile, you can try to clean up all the custom parts of my config.plist as per dortania guide.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back