Contribute
Register

Asus Zenbook 13 UX 333 F (Whiskey Lake) Compatibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, has anyone got sound working on OpenCore? I've been struggling with it for days...
I've tried every (theoretically) working id on AppleALC for ALC294... With some layouts the mic is working, but about speakers... No luck.
I didn't really understand the ssdt-ALC294 thing, does it need any kext? Without any it doesn't work.
Running Big Sur on UX333FN btw
May I try EFI for Big Sur?

On Big Sur I don't know, on Catalina use EFI from this topic
Which one are you referring to? I tried yours (updating OC files) but still no audio
May I try EFI for Big Sur?
Sure, if you succeed making sound work tell me. HDMI works (with audio), webcam doesn't, AppleAlc layout-id is in DeviceProperties
Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    93 MB · Views: 93
Which one are you referring to? I tried yours (updating OC files) but still no audio

Sure, if you succeed making sound work tell me. HDMI works (with audio), webcam doesn't, AppleAlc layout-id is in DeviceProperties
Any suggestions are highly appreciated!
try without: SSDT-ALC294.aml

and test all possible layout id's as per:

try without: SSDT-ALC294.aml

and test all possible layout id's as per:
Thanks, but I've already tried all of those(even layout 22-28-66, with and without SSDT-ALC294) None of them seem to fix speakers, some make only microphone work...
Tried VoodooHDA but it didn't work either.

Thanks, but I've already tried all of those(even layout 22-28-66, with and without SSDT-ALC294) None of them seem to fix speakers, some make only microphone work...
Tried VoodooHDA but it didn't work either.
have you tried just adding the layout-id and removing everything else?:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>28</integer>
            </dict>

have you tried just adding the layout-id and removing everything else?:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>28</integer>
            </dict>
Tried now, doesn't work.
Previously I was using the boot argument alcid to set the layout, so the other parameters in DeviceProperties probably are not the issue
I switched to DeviceProperties just because I saw it from other EFIs and thought it would help

FIXED AUDIO
Here's how i did it:
-I booted into a random linux distribution
-Discovered the Slot id of the Audio Controller (lspci -vmmnD)
-Used the slot id to discover the ACPI path (cat /sys/bus/pci/devices/SLOTID/firmware_node/path)
-Reboot into MacOS
- Decompiled the SSDT-ALC294.aml found in some other EFIs with MaciASL and changed the acpi path used with the new one
-Saved and added to the EFI

Now everything is working with layout 21 with AppleALC
Here's my updated EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    93 MB · Views: 243
FIXED AUDIO
Here's how i did it:
-I booted into a random linux distribution
-Discovered the Slot id of the Audio Controller (lspci -vmmnD)
-Used the slot id to discover the ACPI path (cat /sys/bus/pci/devices/SLOTID/firmware_node/path)
-Reboot into MacOS
- Decompiled the SSDT-ALC294.aml found in some other EFIs with MaciASL and changed the acpi path used with the new one
-Saved and added to the EFI

Now everything is working with layout 21 with AppleALC
Here's my updated EFI.
yay! well done! :)

For those like me, who own a UX333F (without MX150), I created a SSDT-ALC294.aml. The internal soundcard there has a different ACPI-Path.
Allthough i fixed this, it's only working (just like the keyboard-backlight) when rebooting from Linux.

Attachments

• SSDT-ALC294.aml
    294 bytes · Views: 124
For those like me, who own a UX333F (without MX150), I created a SSDT-ALC294.aml. The internal soundcard there has a different ACPI-Path.
Allthough i fixed this, it's only working (just like the keyboard-backlight) when rebooting from Linux.

Would you mind sharing your EFI with me? I have been trying to get mac installed on my UX333FA forever, and have ran into countless issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back