Contribute
Register

Asus Zenbook 13 UX 333 F (Whiskey Lake) Compatibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new opencore efi, I managed to fix that UI problem, however there's no boot option for installing Catalina (which is my USB drive), only Windows drive and Reset NVRAM. I'm pretty new to opencore so this might be relating to boot args? Idk where it is in the plist.
I didn't test boot with -v flag. I test it now and there is a strange behavior (1 minute loop with something related to usb ports... after this, normal booting). I deleted bt kexts in clover/kext/other and this issue dissapeared (breaking bt, of course). How @ khalidthami says, it could be a dGPU issue too (my laptop hasn't got it...).

Try to work with the khalidthami's dsdt (in clover mode if you want, it would have to work as well).

I attach a new optimized clover configuration, if you want to use it.

That's my laptotp temperatures on hackintosh. (I don't test them in Windows). Compare with yours.

View attachment 451518
Tks for your work. The laptop's temp seems to be reasonable, I will try comparing later. For now I still have to deal with opencore.

#update. I fixed the ScanPolicy to 0 in plist and I was able to boot Catalina installer, but without verbose boot it booted into the stop sign. With verbose on I see that it stuck at AsusSMC: NVRAM not available.

Last edited:
Interesting... Did you do something special to get it, or was "out of box"?

you can use my config.plist plus AsusSMC.aml
I install your Clover, but my trackpad dies, I tried install some Clovers, but my trackpad don't start, in Windows it work(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-02 at 18.41.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-02 at 18.41.48.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 81
rebuild kextcache and repair permission
Oh, thanks, trackpad working nows)
but finder don't detect my iPad, Sidecar working...

What can I do with reboots, when I conncect HDMI?

OpenCore update 0.5.7

If I'd use this EFI folder, the only thing I should do is to extract and patch my own DSDT right? Thank you. Can I dual boot windows with this?

I am using CLOVER with EFI from post #94 except from DSDT.aml
I disabled the Nvidia MX150 from Device Properties in config.plist instead of using a SSDT, now what else should I do?
With that EFI everything works, maybe I need to patch USB? Am I missing anything? What patches do I need to apply from the ASUSSMC section in MaciASL?
Thank u for the help guys.

Ok USB patched now sleep works fine
New issues:
I can't login into App Store but sign in from system preferences appleID works fine.
Some keys on my keyboard are switched e.g. left alt for cmd instead of windows and context menu button for right alt instead of alt gr

Last edited:
Thank you but the one from post #94 is also working fine. I've tried to boot with your attached folder anyway and it works too.
Can you tell me what are all those SSDTs ? Especially:
  • _PRW
  • MCHC
  • MEM2
  • PMCR
  • PLUG_SB.PR00
  • SBUS
Thank you for the hard work and for the info

Everything working since first boot (trackpad included) or you had to do something in post installation?

I have done patch IGPU, but then there is problem that the color turn in to magenta. how to fix it? thanks.

photo6070874030686185777.jpg

Last edited:
Try this. I have an UX333 as yours and I had the same problem wiht HDMI. Now, with this build It's all ok. (look at #77 for instructions)

I see, I'll try it later. Actually I already fix this problem, and everything is going well. But, there is a glitch problem when plug the HDMI in.

Yes. I have the same issue. When I plug the HDMI in, the laptop screen goes to black for 2 seconds, but then works ok. It's a very minor issue for me.
Hmm, my laptop reboot, when I plug the HDMI :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back