Contribute
Register

Asus Zenbook 13 UX 333 F (Whiskey Lake) Compatibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried so many patches for the audio and no one worked. At this point I think we need a custom patch...

hey guys, any updates on this? Did anyone get it to work? If so can I borrow your efi folders? I tried to boot multiple times but it won't get into the installer. I'm currently busy with the finals so I cannot look further into my problems. Thanks :'(

I eventually got Mojave installed but encountered the same problems as yours above. Gonna try your config right there, good job :) have a nice season.

Did anybody get your fn keys, touchpad and webcam working in Mojave? If so, can you help me with that? My model is the 15 inch of yours so it's basically the same. An attached EFI would be really grateful. Thanks.

It would be ok if you put your exactly laptop configuration. CPU? Model? Sound codec? Trackpad vendor & model? As I wrote in this thread, I achieve battery management and trackpad without doing anything special, but it’s possible that your laptop configuration was slightly different.
It's the Asus UX533FD model with i5-8265u, touchpad is I2C-HID, as I read in the website it's just the same system as your UX333F, mine also has a GTX1050 but I don't use it for mac. I already got battery rn but that I2C trackpad is not working, nor does the fn keys and webcam. Thanks for your interest in my problem :D

edit: UX533F has a 15.6 inch display, UX333F has a 13 inch but same hardware. My SSD is WDC nvme, yours is Intel nvme but I guess this wouldn't make a huge difference.

it’s the same processor. About trackpad, I asked you for the model: Mine is ELAN 1200. What’s yours? It’s possible that yours was different because your laptop it’s bigger than mine. Look for a guide in this forum about an Acer swift with Whiskey lake. There is a section that works trackpad compatibility. Very interesting. But it’s absolutely necessary know the model of trackpad to go on.
mine is also ELAN1200, it says here in hardware id in Device Man.: HID\ELAN1200&Col01. I'm still struggling to know whether to use I2C Elan or I2C HID.

The guide used for Acer Swift is DSDT-related, which I haven't gotten much knowledge about. Guess I'm gonna learn a thing or two today.

One more thing, can you see your audio device in System Report? In my System Report, there's literally nothing, just blank, in Audio section. I wonder is this related to iGPU audio as in some other threads.

My audio is still not working, put CodecCommander.kext in L/E and SSDT-ALC294.aml in the Patched folder, then rebuilded cache. Not sure what is the problem with my PC. What version of Catalina are you guys running?

I can get my audio to work (with caveats). I use AppleALC with layout 21, no CodecCommander

Here is the problem, though: rebooting to Windows always breaks audio. After booting back to macOS there is no audio output (can still change volume, plugging/unplugging audio jack is recognized). One way I currently know how to fix this is rebooting into Ubuntu, changing volume there and rebooting back into macOS. This works but means I need to boot into Ubuntu after every time I use Windows (???)

This behavior is the same in Mojave and Catalina. I've tried different values for ResetHDA in config.plist with no change. Upd: Tried CodecCommander+ SSDT-ALC294.aml, also no change.

Last edited:
My audio is now working with Layout 12 (?). I have the same problem @nnst broken audio if I restart from Windows. Tried uninstalling Realtek drivers and installing Microsoft stock drivers with no success...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back